So how much over were you for the 4th?

Options

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I didn't log anything yesterday. However, I weighed 134 yesterday and still weigh that today even with all the alcohol I had.

One day is surely NOT going to derail progress, so I see no point in logging it. I just continue today as though nothing happened. I will be eating slightly less than TDEE-15%, only because I pre-logged and will be busy today...not to punish myself for yesterday. I hope you guys aren't in that mindset. It can get dangerous there!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I thought I would go over at least 500 cals or so, my family cooks southern style...fried food and lots of mayo dishes. But, when I sat down to eat, I was full so fast, I just couldn't over indulge, which I guess means my stomach has shrunk. I was very happy , I was right at my normal calorie goal, probably a bit under if I take into consideration 3.5hrs in the pool. I'm really glad I didn't stuff myself!
  • dentedcan
    dentedcan Posts: 29
    Options
    I ate the most I've eaten in five weeks, stayed under goal, and actually lost more than the the previous four days! Lowered the calories a bit the day before, since it's the window of time that matters not the calendar day, right? Made sure to get an hour of exercise in earlier that morning, and drank at least 5 liters of water... because it was damn hot!

Tomorrow is tape day, so I didn't want to screw things up too much.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I was I think 26 under. Had a light breakfast and a couple of light snacks before my late, very large lunch-dinner (linner?). I ate only a small portion of everything that was available, except the chips which I didn't miss. Even got a margarita in there! No dessert, though, which was fine because I didn't make any. It was super close and I could have gone over while still losing weight, but I feel pretty good.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I participated in the local parade, walking and dancing; I ate back my exercise calories and was actually under by 85.

If I hadn't paraded, I would have skipped brother's birthday cake entirely instead of eating a little piece, and I wouldn't have had the barbeque chips-first potato chips I've eaten since February this year.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    219 calories under, but I worked out in the morning and got myself an extra 515 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I was under, didn't eat very well though, but I had to pass on the corn and other stuff...
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh, I went over, but that's OK. Right back at it again today. Will drink lots of water. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    753 over. It was the potato salad and the banana pudding. But i saved up calories all week for it because I knew I wasn't passing those two things up.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I helped my neighbor polish off two bottles of wine...we shared some of one of them....but...

I'm not sure I wanna think about that. Lol.
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We went to a big get together on the evening of the 3rd. I think I was about 700 calories over. BUT I had homemade macaroni and cheese for the first time in 6 months and was it wonderful!!! Most of those calories were attributable to the mac and cheese and a few beers.

I managed to stay away from the entire dessert table! But the Mac & Cheese was my dessert!
  • patsimmon88
    Options
    not over at all! My kids are away visiting my family , so we didn't go crazy for the 4th .Made a nice dinner, but kept on track AND swam alot. So I was way under for the day. Proud of myself.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I wasn't over, but if I had been, it would have been okay.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I wasn't over, but if I had been, it would have been okay.

^ this is good. It's a holiday and I certainly don't eat or drink like that all the time. I allowed myself to stay out a little later and smoke hookah too. That was fun.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    About 300 over. Could have been worse!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Not as over as I'd intended to be, sadly. Was still 300 some odd cals under maintenance. Failure.
  • Jenny_Ren1
    Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was over quite a lot because of all the alcohol....
    But, I went to the gym and did cardio for 50 min, walked all morning for my neighborhood's festivities and got lots of outside play time with my kids. I figured my dedication to be at the gym on the 4th earned me a little indulgence. :happy:

And now I'll be paying for it at the gym tonight!
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was 600 below and that was without my workout...worked and it was SUPER busy. Planned out keeping it under but not by that much sure it will come back up today..I am in mainteince.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    About 300-400 over, depending on how my beer counting skills were by the end of the night. :)
  • starrlighte
    starrlighte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2000+... :cry: But that is ok cause I had a great time and will make up for it later!