10 week horseback riding challenge

Replies

• lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    I rode the past three days - moseying on my senior boy Saturday, hunt seat lesson yesterday, and a saddle seat lesson today because why not?
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I piddled around bareback on Sky, and did some bonding training with Avalanche. Av will now step up onto a pallet and on a pedastool on demand! For treats of course. LOL All I have to do is point at it and he gets on it! So proud of him!
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Aw this makes me miss my quarter horses. Hopefully you guys will post up another next year when I'll be looking to buy again. Have fun out there for me guys!
  • Shoebacha1
    I got an hour long ride in last night. Got home earlier than expected and finished my work out video and dinner early enough that I was able to saddle up and ride. Love having a lighted outdoor arena!
  • Shoebacha1
    It amazes me how much difference I have in confidence and balance just losing 20 pounds. I can get in the saddle without a step stool now, I feel more secure in my seat, and my endurance is greatly increased. I am so excited to see how much things change when I have lost 40 pounds....60...80....100. I think both me and my horses are going to enjoy it!
  • Shoebacha1
    One of my milestone goals is, I want to be able to jump/climb up on my horses bareback without a stool. I am going to be practicing. Gonna have my hubby make me a practice dummy horse. Hey, another workout! LOL
  • Shoebacha1
    Got a rushed ride in last night. I didnt have time to round pen Avalanche first and was worried he would be bucky. He actually did rather well. It was rough at first, his trot was like riding a jack hammer, but no bucking when we loped and after the first few rounds in the arena he loosened up and got smooth. Because it was a little windy, we didnt have to deal with the stupid horse flies either. Did you know those *kitten* can bite through jeans!
  • Shoebacha1
    It is taking EVERYTHING I have in me not to weigh in. I have had to make several trips to the medical department, passing that stupid scale. I had to put a belt on to keep my size 20 jeans up! I have had 4 different people ask if I have lost weight. I am wearing a shirt I have not worn in forever (without spanks anyway) and I went up a hook on my bra. BAM!
    Got called to an emergency dog sitting as saddling up, so didnt get my ride in yesterday. Today though, it is happening!
  • Shoebacha1
    edited June 2016
    Got a nice long ride in yesterday. Plan is to do the same today. I LOVE MY HORSES! They are toning up so nice, too. Buff Butts!
  • Shoebacha1
    Got sunburned and over heated mucking stalls. But, once the hubby gets home and we eat dinner I still plan to get a ride in tonight. I turned the horses out to pasture while I worked on their stalls, so Avalanche should not be TOO spunky.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    I got out and rode yesterday. We are both still adjusting to the new saddle, so I got a little drama. Nothing too bad. Unfortunately, she would still rather kill us both than have sunscreen applied to her nose.
  • Shoebacha1
    I got out and rode yesterday. We are both still adjusting to the new saddle, so I got a little drama. Nothing too bad. Unfortunately, she would still rather kill us both than have sunscreen applied to her nose.

Sky is like that when I try to worm him or spray his head/face with water during a bath....or fly spray his back legs. Didnt get around to riding last night, but when we get home from taking the boat out for the first time, I plan to tonight.
  • epicstapler
    epicstapler Posts: 10 Member
    Totally aware this challenge is well over but if anyone would like to add me i could definitely use the motivation to be more accountable with my riding :)
  • lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    Got sunburned and over heated mucking stalls. But, once the hubby gets home and we eat dinner I still plan to get a ride in tonight. I turned the horses out to pasture while I worked on their stalls, so Avalanche should not be TOO spunky.

Mucking is an awesome workout!

It's been too hot to do any sort of riding with my 29 year old, but I had a saddleseat lesson today. Hunt seat tomorrow!

• Shoebacha1
    Totally aware this challenge is well over but if anyone would like to add me i could definitely use the motivation to be more accountable with my riding :)

Oh, this does not expire. This is an ongoing challenge. I am on week 3. I created the challenge and didnt ride the first several weeks. Welcome!
  • catriona232
    catriona232 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join too! I usually ride Saturdays and Sundays, but need to get out at least one or two more days to see my horse.
  • Shoebacha1
    I would love to join too! I usually ride Saturdays and Sundays, but need to get out at least one or two more days to see my horse.

I have made it a point to go "visit" my horses daily. I may not get to ride everyday, but I can walk from the house to their run and dump and fill their water bowls and give them treats.
  • Shoebacha1
    I am down 18 pounds!
  • Shoebacha1
    I have moved to Stroud. I am so close to Stroud and Prague lake. Great trails. Been riding each weekend. No longer have a lighted arena, so can only ride weekends due to getting dark. Hope you are all staying safe!
  • Shoebacha1
    If any of you are in Oklahoma, or close. I am going to a toy for tots benefit trail ride and chili dinner at Lake Carl Blackwell on November 12th. Would love it if anyone could join. If my mom and friend do not go, I have one beginner friendly and one intermediate rider level horses available. If I can get someone/s to go with, I plan to camp out and fish, and if weather permits, swim. I have a weekender package in my trailer.