Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Period binging

13»

Replies

• nacus2664
    nacus2664 Posts: 17 Member
    usually it is magnesium
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    nacus2664 wrote: »
    usually it is magnesium

You mean a magnesium deficiency causing cravings, especially that of chocolate? Yes, one of the changes I made was to start taking a magnesium supplement. http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/what-your-chocolate-cravings-could-mean/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Definitely try a magnesium supplement, the chocolate cravings disappeared when I took some last month.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    I have found the last two days I really needed more to eat by the evening. I initially tried to do 2 days at 1200-1400ish calories to help make up for weekend over eating. Holy cow I did not stick to it.

By 4pm I was in tears, dying for dinner. As I dished up I added a tortilla I had hoped to skip and some beans because the chicken didn't turn out very well... then after dinner I went in for a homemade granola bar (which I used the recipe builder to record as best I could so I'm proud that at least it's an accurate overage....)

I was indeed hungry, and I wouldn't want to deprive myself into a binge. But I can't help but be disappointed. Today I'm going to save some hardboiled eggs for the end of the day, I can eat some good protein and fat if I'm hungry instead of a calorie dense carb dense treat.

Today I also realized I need to switch to weighing daily again. I may need to see the fluctuations building, especially as I expect my period. Maybe if I see it happen gradually it won't shock me so much. I know I haven't eaten 7lbs of calories in the past week but its still disappointing to see. Here's to a better plan to deal with life today!
  • becca1380461
    becca1380461 Posts: 25 Member
    It would be amazing if we could track our periods on MFP as well! I would love to see the side by side data of net calories and weight changes. I either plateau or gain the week before and then "woosh" right after. The woosh is such a good feeling...like it make the period totally worth it! Ha ha!