Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

not lossing weight???

Options
I eat 1100 calories a day and burn 687 calories a day according to my fitness pal, why am I not losing weight

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so it's hard to tell why you aren't losing weight. Often when people don't lose as expected it is because of logging issues (that is, you're eating more than you think you are) or they aren't being patient (expecting to lose weight right away).
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You're eating as many calories as you burn or more. You could be eating more than you think if you're not measuring and weighing everything and instead using generic entries such as cups or things like '1 medium banana', '1 baked potato', etc. If you're eating back exercise calories it's possible you're overestimating how many you've burnt as MFP tends to give you way too many calories back for anything. A good place to start is to eat half back and then adjust slightly in either direction depending on how it affects your weight.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would make an appointment with a doctor if you have been doing this since Sept 2015
  • R3dWillow89
    R3dWillow89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Might not be eating enough. If your body thinks its starving it will try and store everything it gets instead of burning it as energy.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that would cause this, you are eatting more calories than you are burning in a day.

xthb5m7mf94x.jpeg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Weigh all foods to be certain of calorie count.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    We'd really need to see your diary to get a better idea. Best things to do is as the chart says, make sure you are logging daily, and as accurately as you can (including weighing your food (for 100% accuracy).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating "1100 calories" and burning that much in exercise?
    Do you weigh your food with a food scale? Do you use generic entries? How are you calculating your exercise burns?
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're probably not logging your food correctly, and you're probably relying too heavily on the MFP database being accurate. Most people starting out with MFP think that everything it says is true, but it's not.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    You're eating way more than 1100. No magic here.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Might not be eating enough. If your body thinks its starving it will try and store everything it gets instead of burning it as energy.

Missed this article the other day I think - Starvation Mode: Is It A Myth? Is It Real? Is Your Body In It Right Now?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options

Ah, so that's way all these holocaust prisoners are so fat then...
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    uh-oh... :o here it comes...

**grabs popcorn**

Don't worry, I've logged it.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough? don't put your body into starve mode. you wont lose anything.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    draco706 wrote: »
    are you eating enough? don't put your body into starve mode. you wont lose anything.

Did you even bother to read the replies? No? Maybe you should.

That's a myth.