not lossing weight???

2»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

Some days I just really want to have a raffle for a food scale for people who complain they're too expensive.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,132 Member
    Might not be eating enough. If your body thinks its starving it will try and store everything it gets instead of burning it as energy.

This is false. You are probably eating more than you think. If you were truly eating 1100 calories a day you would be losing weight. Especially if you are exercising and not eating back the exercise calories. Get a scale and weigh your food. Check the entries that you use to make sure they are correct.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    Lol.. everyone is different...its not a myth to me.. If i dont eat at least 1500 to 1700 than i stop losing weight.. I was trying to eat that low once to lose weight faster but it completely stopped until i started eating a little bit more.. I workout 4 times a week and weigh all my food.. Maybe it dont work that way in a lot of people but for some it really does no matter what some article says.. I dont know what this person looks like.. Height, weight, etc.. But if they are a bigger person (280 or more) they should be eating more than 1100 a day anyways. But if they are a smaller person than ya they might just be not weighing their food and overeating not realizing it.. It just depends on the person .. Not everyone is the same.. Not everyones body works the same.. Heck they might just be retaining water for all we know lol
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, most people (like 99%) who post that they are eating a very low calorie amount and are not losing, are really eating more than they think due to logging errors. So telling them they should eat more is irresponsible advise unless we know if the calorie number they are throwing around is accurate. First they have to make sure their logging is on point.

Starvation mode IS a myth. Some people when they try to eat too little, may become lethargic without realizing it and move around alot less, thereby canceling out the calories they are saving and balancing out the CICO equation which causes them not to lose weight. It's not that the body panics and stores fat. If your body does do that for some reason, you are very very unique. People who are actually starving do not go through a measurable period of time where they hold onto weight - there aren't starving pudgy people whose bodies are desperately trying to hold onto fat.

In addition to not losing weight while on low calories due to logging errors and reducing NEAT (moving around less) people who eat too little may not lose weight as they often offset their undereating with binges, which wipe out the calorie deficit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    I eat 1100 calories a day and burn 687 calories a day according to my fitness pal, why am I not losing weight

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings