Runners- share your run!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Picking up my number tonight for Sunday's 10k. Being nosy I thought I check out last year's results for the race and I was horrified. I'm normally middle of the pack overall, and top third in my age-group, but looking at the times it was clear that I'd be coming in pretty much last. Then I took a closer look and thought, hang on, these are close to Olympic qualifying times, what the hell have I entered? Then I took an even closer look and realised that the race had been shortened to 5 miles rather than the full 6.2 miles because of snow on the course. Such a relief!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just over 4 miles this morning. Slow but doing hill training in the Colorado foothills. Elevation gain 615 ft.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yesterday I did 13.2 in dense fog. It was a bit scary running on winding rural roads when I couldn't see or be seen at any distance. A surprising number of cars had no lights on. I was tired from my runs in the days before (5.5 mile fartlek run, 9 mile marathon pace run) so I was very glad it was a cutback week. This was not a good day for a 3 hour run.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    15km easy 6:05km pace slowly upping the kilometers till marathon time.
    Was great today only -2 today so didn't fall over on ice again
    mmqxijqb7fto.jpg
    8xukuy3x5w5q.jpg
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in mid-December after 18 months on an elliptical. I ditched it after a few weeks and just started running. I did my 8th run of 3+ miles yesterday, bringing my weekly total to >10 miles. A friend just invited me to run a 10K race with her in April. Time to get serious!
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    Finished my 10k road race in 1:00:13. The route was lovely taking runners through a pretty neighbourhood and round a lake. And perfect running conditions for me because I always run better when it's cold.
  • BruinsGal_91
    Options
    Apologies for reviving an oldish thread, but I'm still absolutely high from a 5k road race I did recently. One of my goals this year was to be placed in my age group. I've come close (a 4th and a 5th place last year), but I've finally managed it. And you'd better believe that beer does taste even sweeter in that 'top finisher' koozie.

yn7uvbleak9q.jpeg