Runners- share your run!

Options

Replies

• genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I did the first week of C25k today- but did an easy run for the walk portions with quicker intervals.

I ended up doing about 2 miles during the workout.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K last night. Only been running a month, so my pace is pretty slow still. But, for the first time, it didn't feel like a huge effort -- progress!! :)
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread for motivation!

I am a new runner- and SLOW! I started in May- and it was hard to even jog the minute intervals on C25K.

Now, my longest run has been 6.5 miles (took me 84 minutes but I didn't walk a single step!) and I PR'ed a 5K fun run this weekend at 34:19! (11:03 min/miles.)

See? Slow.

But, I am really enjoying watching my times get better, I am proud of doing things that I never thought I could do, and I am showing up to things by myself and trying new things.

I only get two decent runs in a week. I am a stay at home mom and my husband works crazy hours. But I do FitnessBlender 3-4 days a week and I will bang out a couple quick miles on my dreadmill if it wasn't a tough leg or HIIT day.

Anyway- you all are great motivation! My goals in 2017 are to 1) Get my 5k to 30 minutes. 2) Run a 10k. and 3) Run 10 miles without stopping!

5k in 30 mins -- that's one of my 2017 goals, too!
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 4.5M. Today is 4M and my first time since my hip injury that I'll run 3 days in a row. Prepared to be smart and walk if I feel pain but I've experienced very little since I've been cleared by my PT.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Had a good one tonight. Wasn't really sure what sort of run I was going to do when I started out but after a fast couple of km I realised a new 5K PB was a possibility so kept the pace up and ended up improving my best time by a few seconds to 25:42. Would even have been a few seconds quicker if I hadn't had to stop briefly about half way round to tie my shoelace!
  • Charlene_1985
    Options
    Ended up doing 5M, my longest run since my injury. Went slow and kept my HR around 164, still paced 9:19/mile. Started the run with an awful cramp in my left side but it finally faded around mile 3. It was bothering me before I even started my run. Sometimes I think it's a cramp from deep breathing the day before? I don't know. Zero hip pain. That's all I care about
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Gentle 5.5 miles last night. Really starting to notice how the speed is coming up now the last few kgs are coming off.
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6 miles. In 6 degree temps. Go me! Definitely ski mask weather but I will do anything to avoid the treadmill!
  • jonathantennant
    jonathantennant Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5.2 mile run - really enjoyed it
  • hevartniahcinbadn
    Options
    10.7km in 207 minutes.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I gave up on running the past couple days because I just don't have the proper clothing. I have been flirting with the margins of safety with temps down into the teens. Last couple days though it has been single digits with windchills in the negative teens. Oh well, I've been pushing pretty hard and my legs need some recovery time. Hit the gym today for a lower body and some elliptical work. Tomorrow is planned for an upper body gym workout, then back to running on Wednesday.
  • milesgmfp
    milesgmfp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3 miles yesterday, 7:55 min/mile pace, I'm currently on a streak of 16 days (either cycling or running) and beginning to feel it now. But stopping feels like failure?!!

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    milesgmfp wrote: »
    3 miles yesterday, 7:55 min/mile pace, I'm currently on a streak of 16 days (either cycling or running) and beginning to feel it now. But stopping feels like failure?!!

stopping feels like.....resting those muscles so you can go faster and better when you are active again...
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Seven miles for me at a slightly more leisurely pace than I normally do (10:55 minute/mile). I've been running faster than I have in years, but I now want to increase my distance again because I have plans for a half-marathon in November.

I signed up for my first road race of 2017 yesterday, and it was only after I'd paid, I realised it was a 10k and not a 5k.
  • uncolea261
    uncolea261 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm still a very beginner runner and have stopped and started a couple of time over the last few months. I've been bouncing back and forth between week 1 and 2 of the app is use that's similar to C25K. Did my first cold weather run today (I'm a reptile, so dressing warm enough without being too warm is proving challenging....I barely got warm enough today). My stupid phone died a third of the way in, so I was counting my minutes in my head

Just stay with it, my worse weeks for C25K were week 2-3. Just have to work through it, it will become easier as time goes by. Don't stop. Mind over body, get into a good routine and stick with it. No matter what the weather is, prepare for it and run. I ran in pouring rain one day and came back wet as a rat but I ran. Just stay with it and you will see the results. Good luck

• Charlene_1985
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sunday, I did 4M (8:59/mile) on the treadmill after awful back to back work trips on Saturday and Sunday. Monday was 5M outside at 9:08/mile and it was quite enjoyable, though at mile 1.5 I realized I had to "go". Barely made it home in time. Then today was a 4.0M speed day. 8:27/mile. It felt good to run hard. Tomorrow is a rest day and another work trip. Day 1 of 6, 4 of them being overnights. My running will suffer as a result sadly. But I promise myself I'll keep at it, even if they are slow and awful.
  • Charlene_1985
    Options
    Cruised thru a wonderful 10K run this afternoon. The weather was perfect and I felt like I could go forever. 55:46 Heading to South America for work tomorrow. Just planning an easy 4 miles for the morning before my long night.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Headed up into the Pentland Hills above Edinburgh for a very wet and wild run last night - lots of puddles, horizontal sleet etc. Weather is if anything worse today so might wimp out and use the treadmill tonight!
  • Charlene_1985
    Options
    5K yesterday. Just arrived in Argentina for work. Going to take a nap and hit the pool for some laps. 87 degrees today. :)
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I took my dog to Parkrun for the first time. Bit nervous as I'd never run with her in a crowd, but she was brilliant and we got a time of 29:30 which I am pretty pleased with.