my daily rant lol

Options
Okay, so my biggest pet peeve is laziness which is like a requirement here in America (I am German). I've been living here awhile and notice that the average business will look for any and all excuses to close either early or take the day off.

I know this girl who whines constantly about her 8-4 job.

Silly americans I work from 7-8 -.- that's 7:00PM until 8:00AM and I typically work 16 hour shifts. Actually last week I worked a 16, an 11, and a few 9 and a halfs.

I haven't had a day off in 9-10 days now? I lost count.

Sure after you've been up 26-30 hours you get a little cranky but I could not fathom complaining after working 8 hours?

My other gripe is I was at the mall and I noticed a sign on one of the doors, "due to the economy we are closing early"

So many problems with it, i nearly flipped.

First: IT opened at 10 and closed at 11!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Second: How does being open for an hour a day save money? You're losing like 7 hours of customers and business?

I have also noticed if a chinese boy takes a crap and an american finds out, they will try and take the day off?

So many holidays, I get being patriotic but come on

:) i feel much better

Replies

• KnifeThrower89
    Options
    This is your brain on whatever the heck you're smoking:

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

Not sure what that really has to do with anything but okay?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    This is your second anti-America rant. I know you were military and had issues. Have you had counseling?

And I'm being serious. No disrespect.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Way to generalize all American people as lazy since" it's a requirement here". I am many things, but lazy isn't one of them. I know plenty of people from all different countries who are equally as lazy as what you are describing.

I don't find too many things offensive, but when someone makes blanket generalizations I wonder how it feels to be so ignorant.

Don't mind this American while I go back to sitting on my couch, eating chips, and being lazy.
  • KnifeThrower89
    Options
    This is your second anti-America rant. I know you were military and had issues. Have you had counseling?

And I'm being serious. No disrespect.

Anti American? I am sorry do you need counseling or perhaps sounder educational upbringing?

No disrespect? See what I did there? I know you don't.

Anyhow this isn't about America as a country, no not at all this is more about the cultural habits of said culture.

They are brought up in a society that is lazy? Not sure where you got Anti-America I need not remind you that I do have a purple heart and I would not have one if I did not love this country.

Loving ones country and hating the upbringing of it's current society are factors in separate.

Do not confuse hate for cultural laziness and hate for america. Go to Afghanistan young lady then tell me how anti-america the statements above were.

Unless you can quote the "I hate america, all americans, they need to die and this country is lower than dirt" I would be careful and re-read the above statements.

I have been to many countries and even most states of this country. I won't lie or suguar coat it, the Education system is not the best, we all know that. Because of that there is little education of the outside world. America does have hard workers but they are also lazy this is understood by most other countries, this has to do with work ethics.

Anti-American? No.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Aren't you just awesome?? Want a cookie? A shiny balloon? What?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m01gwyNpmQ1qhvkubo1_400.gif

fgreg89.gif

22545-iTAmcGIF-D3Mb.gif

didntread.gif

350x700px-LL-e7910f19_3nEDr.gif
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm a dual citizen, German and American.

Your post is just ignorant.

You act like you're the only one that works more than 8 hours at a time, works swing shifts, or works multiple days in a row.
    This country....AMERICA....thrives because of hardworking people. They're everywhere.
    Laziness is not a requirement, but it is a choice.

Thank you for your service.

That being said....

Get over yourself.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy....
    can someone read this and explain in 2 words or less what's going on....
  • skullshank
    Options
    I'm lazy....

streetfighter.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would be happier in Germany. You would also get 2 months of vacation per year, though, and you'd probably hate that. Never mind.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Someone's jimmies have been rustled.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    7pm-8am is a 13 hour shift, not 16
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't know what business's you are talking about.I was in retail for 9 years and over the years we went from closing early or being off for most holidays to being open earlier and closing later and the only holidays where we were closed was thanksgiving and christmas.I worked plenty of 16 hour shift and did I complain? You bet your butt I did,not because I was lazy but because it was getting to the point of where I never saw my kids except in the morning and at bedtime. Also a business will close early because the amount of customers forcasted wouldn't be enough to even cover the payroll for that day.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Would you like some cries with that waaaaamburger?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    He had another rant a few weeks ago that I think was removed. About how America has screwed him over.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm lazy....

streetfighter.
    And Kitty Gifs.....DON'T forget the KIIIIIIITTTTTTTY Gifs!
  • skullshank
    Options

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-49A7.gif
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Germans can't do math. (See OP? I can generalize too :flowerforyou:)
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have also noticed if a chinese boy takes a crap and an american finds out, they will try and take the day off?

wut?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Somebody needs to just take a deep breath and stop worrying about what people in other countries do. Relax and just shake it off. It'll be ok.

Funny-Cat-Images-24-GIFs-coolfeed.co-24.gif
This discussion has been closed.