my daily rant lol

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Get out of my country then. Call me lazy? You dont even know me. I cant stand it when people come into the country and run their mouths.

Exactly. My grandfather fought in WWII and had to come back and use the "colored" water fountain. Your family from Germany had more opportunites then he ever did!

And this is still the greatest country in the world! Don't like it? Leave.

America is a great country and a very blessed country. And possibly greatest country FOR YOU. But it is far from the greatest country. And I say that because I don't want the American population (who I love btw) to waste their potential while trying to go through a delusion that they're the greatest. Currently the only thing America is greatest at is manipulating their public into thinking that everything is alright and spreading war amongst the world.

tumblr_inline_mggzedwSKp1qfb1ni.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Get out of my country then. Call me lazy? You dont even know me. I cant stand it when people come into the country and run their mouths.

First off, you're taking a troll wayyyyy too seriously. Calm down.

Second, while HE is a troll and I disagree with him (mainly because I know Germany and America and I know that Germans overall work wayyyyy less AND have much more vacation hours than Americans), I don't like the comment that anyone saying anything against America is asked to leave.

I mean, this isn't YOUR country. What made it your country? He fought (according to his, presumably, madeup story). I lived in US for over 10 years. Do I get to say anything about US? Am I allowed to say "US is spying on his citizens and that is wrong". Would you like to kick me out of US for that?

I also say that Americans are living under a HUGE delusion of superiority all over the world and compared to any number of country, US is far behind in sports, education, reputation, economy, pollution-free, industry, human rights and bunch of other things. The fact that I mention those things should tell you that I DO care about the country enough to bring it up.

I used to work with MANY people who used to abuse welfare program. While I know that my personal experience might cloud my judgement, I too can call Americans lazy just based on that. I saw drug dealers with brand new Cadillacs buying alcohol with food stamps. I can call Americans lazy (but I won't because I am an educated person and know that, that isn't true).

So please, don't ask people to leave simply for saying somethign about what they saw wrong. You can ask him to leave because he is trying to troll (and doing a poor job and in America, we like GOOD trolls. Like our politicians).

Signed

A Foreigner

tumblr_mostwf5lm71rdts52o1_500.gif
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

Exactly. My grandfather fought in WWII and had to come back and use the "colored" water fountain. Your family from Germany had more opportunites then he ever did!

America is a great country and a very blessed country. And possibly greatest country FOR YOU. But it is far from the greatest country. And I say that because I don't want the American population (who I love btw) to waste their potential while trying to go through a delusion that they're the greatest. Currently the only thing America is greatest at is manipulating their public into thinking that everything is alright and spreading war amongst the world.

And I edited my post for that reason. And you're right. I think it is the greastest country for me.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    tumblr_mnuhpp8zHz1ql4e6oo1_500.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    tumblr_md8jnqzgIz1r1mr1po1_500.gif

I snorted. I'm stealing this.
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    r17zWvs.gif
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    12550__safe_animated_50c4b92959eede456d7159f6_artist-myminiatureequine_abandon-thread_what-quo-s-going-on-in-this-thread.gif
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

And I edited my post for that reason. And you're right. I think it is the greastest country for me.

And for that, you're awesome and get a flower :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    kitty_cat_gifs_20.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    XUiKl9e.gif
  • Barbellerella
    Options
    pic1638673.png
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    7pm-8am is a 13 hour shift, not 16
    Depends on whether you are using American or German hours.

Clearly I am just another lazy dumb American.

steward/stewardess starts shift in NYC at 7PM EDT. flies from NYC to LA during shift. ends shift in LA at 8AM PDT.

16 hours!

tumblr_lyttxdsQvu1qh0loxo1_250.gif
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

First off, you're taking a troll wayyyyy too seriously. Calm down.

Second, while HE is a troll and I disagree with him (mainly because I know Germany and America and I know that Germans overall work wayyyyy less AND have much more vacation hours than Americans), I don't like the comment that anyone saying anything against America is asked to leave.

I mean, this isn't YOUR country. What made it your country? He fought (according to his, presumably, madeup story). I lived in US for over 10 years. Do I get to say anything about US? Am I allowed to say "US is spying on his citizens and that is wrong". Would you like to kick me out of US for that?

I also say that Americans are living under a HUGE delusion of superiority all over the world and compared to any number of country, US is far behind in sports, education, reputation, economy, pollution-free, industry, human rights and bunch of other things. The fact that I mention those things should tell you that I DO care about the country enough to bring it up.

I used to work with MANY people who used to abuse welfare program. While I know that my personal experience might cloud my judgement, I too can call Americans lazy just based on that. I saw drug dealers with brand new Cadillacs buying alcohol with food stamps. I can call Americans lazy (but I won't because I am an educated person and know that, that isn't true).

So please, don't ask people to leave simply for saying somethign about what they saw wrong. You can ask him to leave because he is trying to troll (and doing a poor job and in America, we like GOOD trolls. Like our politicians).

Signed

A Foreigner

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wonderful comment. Minus the comment about drug dealers buying alcohol with food stamps. You very much can't do that. I know as I'm a volunteer working for the US gov't and I am on food stamps. They are pretty strict about what you can buy with them. The worst I've really done with them is buy diet soda and monster with them. But they won't even let you buy whey powder. And I know many hardworking Americans that still need the food assistance program to make ends meet. And it's actually a fairly long and complicated process to get food stamps. At least in NY. But that's me ranting away right there.

I especially loved the bit aboug "My country". Lol. All you had to do is be born here. And honestly it was kinda the Native American's country before we massacred them. The only people I dislike more than people who make broad sweeping generalizations based on race or nationality are people who make broad generalizations about immigrants. "People come in the country and run their mouths".....lol. Most people who come in the country don't run their mouths. They run away from ICE and aren't allowed to vote or really vocalize much of an opinion.
  • Barbellerella
    Options
    1307327365747.jpg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mpey0vGrge1rlcncfo1_500.png
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    the VA has great mental health programs for vets. :wink: