How to LOSE muscle?

Options
124»

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

I will try to eat some less protein and see if that helps anything.

That's all you took out of the advice you've been given? Eating less anything is not the answer. Seeking professional help is the answer. Reading back through your posts since you joined you've gone from a weight that was minimally over ideal with a goal that was healthy to having a very disordered body image and eating patterns. Your goal has kept getting lower and lower and your eating less and less.

Please listen to your mom and the posters here encouraging you to seek help. You are heading down a dangerous eating disorder road that will affect your health for the rest of your life.

I really wish people would stop posting how fabulous you look rather than really reading the issue.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you look great to me, and I if you don't want to look "muscular" I'd consider putting on some fat as opposed to losing muscle...

This. You look fan-freakin-tastic. A slightly higher body fat percentage would make you look less defined, but be aware that you have a body a lot of women would cut off their pinkies for.

If the people who are saying you look muscular are you friends, explain to them that it's something you're self-conscious about, and could they please knock off the jokes. If they're NOT friends... then who cares what they think? Ignore them.

This...
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    There is no need to put down one woman to make another one feel better.

I didn't. I said she's built like a brick shyte-house. How is that a put-down??
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don't cut back on protein to try to lose muscle. You need your muscle. You'll be grateful for any extra as you get older. To be honest, you don't look like you have extra muscle. You look healthy, not odd. People are not used to seeing people in shape, but that doesn't mean you should sacrifice health to fit an unhealthy norm.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your replies.

Contrary to a pretty popular belief on this post, this is not a "troll thread" or anything for attention, I was honestly asking for help. So please stop posting rude comments and making fun of me. I have been struggling with my body image my entire life, and I cannot even go to a forum that is supposed to be supporting without still being made fun of. I will definitely keep that bin mind next time I post anything...

So thank you to all of you who gave me serious replies. Like some of you, my mom is trying to get me to see a counselor about all of this so maybe it is a skewed perception on my end. I'm not sure, but regardless, I guess it is good to know that not everyone makes fun of how i look when they see me like most people I know.

I will try to eat some less protein and see if that helps anything.

I wanted to add, good luck. Also, I didn't have a chance to look at your other profile pics until now. You look great in your bikini pic. Definitely would get several looks from me at the beach! Again, good luck....