Calling all TALL women - 5'9" and taller

Options
13»

Replies

• axekicker
    Options
    I had to click on this one! (Maybe I can make some tall friends!)

I'm 5'10" and normally weigh 140. I'm currently at 147 due to some diet issues haha.
    My pants size is usually 7-9ish but I recently bought some pants that were size 6? I don't know, I don't get it.

I'd like to be at 130-135. Everyone guesses I'm 120 and I know I weigh more because of my muscle mass but sometimes it's still kinda hard to explain that I weigh 20 pounds more than I look like I do.

It would be great to weigh 120 but with how much I work out, that number just doesn't seem reasonable or even healthy. I need my strength, I would never sacrafice that just to say I weigh less!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, it is so nice to see so many tall women on here. I am 6' and 295. I currently wear a size 20 and am hoping to get down to 175. My heaviest was 305 and my healthiest was 170. I start to look sick if I get below 170. I am so happy to see so many other women who are going through the same things I am. It is hard to really get other women to understand how I truly feel when they are only 5'5" and weigh 170 and think they are so overweight. Can't really make them understand that I am really tall and can't weigh as little as they can. Heck, I wouldn't want to. I wear a size 4-5 when I am at 170 and that is fine with me! Oh yeah and my addiction to designer clothes makes it very difficult for me to survive at my current weight! LOL
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9.25'' so I think I qualify for the TALLER portion of this title :)

I am currently 184lbs (started at 204.8 in July) and my goal weight is anywhere from 150-165!!! I'm going to go with how my body feels & how my clothes fit instead of focusing so much on the scale when I get down there..Also, I started in a 16 size jean and am currently wearing size 12!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and I'm currently 165.4. My goal was 135 but now it's 145 or 155. 135 I was a 6 and may have been a bit too thin now that I look back on it. I am shooting for 145 then rebuild with lean mass.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -- I am just under 5'9" and got my official weigh-in of 136 at the doctor's office yesterday. I've lost about 87 pounds total. Not all on MFP because I didn't know about it until early Sept. When I joined. I am a size 8 or 10 and wear a size 6 Jean. Dream of fitting into a 4 but I don't think so! I am very happy at my goal range! Love MFP and the wonderful friends I have made here.

I would love to see some before & after pics. I posted some a couple of weeks back, but someone had to correct them for me on the site.

Good luck everyone in tracing your goals. You can do it!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 5' 12" and that is 1.82 m for the metric folk =) also I am 187 lbs and wear a size 8.

I don't really know what my goal is, and I think I will change it on MFP because I really don't think it's realistic that I'm going to lose 31lbs. Because i have a whole heck of a lot of muscle, and it's all in my thighs (oh yeah, my back and arms too. too much muscle!) but I think if I lose a little fat the muscle will look better! hopefully?! I am thinking somewhere around 170 would be really awesome :)

You know, every day I realize something that is easier to do since I am tall. And I love it. Glad to see all the tall people and please feel free to friend me!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    What do you weigh and what size? What are your goals? Any before and after pics?

I weigh 215lbs at 34 weeks pregnant. My usual weight is 168lbs not pregnant, usually a size 10.

My weight goal is 150lbs.

I'm 5'10"
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Just realized this is an old thread but I'll post too because us tall gals need to stick together!

I'm 5'9" and currently weight 142. I started MFP at 157.7 highest I had been in years and really unhappy with how I looked. My goal is 135. I currently wear anything from a 6-10 depending on the cut and will probably stay in that size range. I am curvy (although the girls are deflating daily!) so fitted things will always be on the upper end to get over my butt. Good thing I have a good tailor!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    WOW, this is my first week on MFP and I was looking for some tall women to communicate with because our height makes the weight loss challenge quite a bit different than for other women.

I am 6' tall and currently weight 269 and wear a size 20 pants and an US 18 top. I am a seriously pear shaped woman.
    When I weight 220, I wore a size 16 pants and a size 12 top. I think my goal this time around is 185 which I am hoping is about a size 10 top/12 bottom for me.

I'd love to hear some encouraging words, fitness tips and advice from some of the other tall women out there..