What's the biggest pain in the butt when it comes to cooking at home?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    I have two things I hate: one is all the weighing and measuring I currently do, which significantly slows down meal production. When I could just eyeball a wodge of butter, a couple pork chops, half an onion and a pepper, it went much faster.

The second is that my partner constantly requests meals that don't fit with the number of calories or effort to prepare them. I'm not spending 3 hours making eggplant parmesan when I can only fit one tiny piece into my calorie allowance. It's even worse when I'll make something that's a little calorie heavy (like beef pot roast), and he doesn't eat the leftovers.

@badnoodle

There's no reason you can't eat eggplant parmigiana! I bake my eggplant instead of frying it. Dip it in egg whites, bread crumbs, put on baking sheets and spray with Pam. Cook at high heat flipping once until crunchy. Make eggplant parm like usual, measuring sauce and cheese. Mine comes out to 284 cal, 11 fat, 34 carbs, 19.8 protein for 1/8 of a 9x13 pan. Would only be 378 for 1/6 of the pan which is a huge peice!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Spending my time over the stove.
    Cleaning up afterward.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I cook most of my own meals at home from scratch. Not a pain at all, besides deciding what to make. Once I've gotten over that hurdle, the rest is easy.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment and my kitchen is so tiny that I only have like .. 1/2 a counter top worth of space to meal prep, that can make things very tricky, I also don't have a dishwasher ... correction I AM the dishwasher and I really really really hate doing dishes. Also after a long day the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen for an hour cooking two meals, one for my kids and husband to eat and one for myself to eat, only to be back in there 30 minutes later cleaning it all up. But ... sometimes life sucks and dishes are apart of my lifes suckage so I just suck it up buttercup and do it anyway :#