On-line date winner ? I may win....

Options
amfmmama
amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
edited April 2016 in Chit-Chat
This was the text I got after a first date I went on with a man I met online. I had sent him a full pic, taken from 5 days before. No filter, unedited, picture.

Ok, perhaps I read too much into that initial reaction. From my perspective, I think you have a beautiful face, I mean, I got a little mesmerized looking at you across the table a couple of times. You have an A+ personality, and clearly have a very big heart. Listening to you talk about your camp and your work with special needs kids left me humbled. You're a very special person. In the last several months of being an OKC member, I spent a lot of time perusing profiles and deciding what was most important to me. I decided that sense of humor was most important, and you have demonstrated that you have plenty of that. So you really check all the right boxes with me. Now I want to be totally honest with you, no BS. I was a little surprised by your weight. Your pics seemed to indicate that you were thinner. Is that a show stopper? Not necessarily. It's an issue if it gets out of control. I guess I would like to know if it's something you're working on, is it something you see as important to work on? I don't need you to have a perfect body, I just want a partner who thinks it's important to maintain a healthy weight. I'm not asking you to lose weight for me, that would make me a real *kitten*. I guess I'm asking if you are in the process of losing weight and going in the direction. If so, I definitely want to see more of you. If not, I don't think it would work between us, and that pains me to type because I think you're a really special woman

ewpfd4t7ja38.jpeg

Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

That's a lot of BS for a first date. How did you reply?
  • amfmmama
    Options
    jpafitpal wrote: »
    OMG - The picture of you looks awesome...unfortunately you need to keep lookin for a better man. Good Luck

Thank you so much!
  • amfmmama
    Options
    BULLET DODGED!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah..happens to me all the time.. I dont bother sending a text full of compliments. I just ignore her until she goes away. He seems like a horrible person for sure. Just disappearing is definitely the better way to go for everybody!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an idiot
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable. You are a very pretty lady. Good riddance
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Asshat....
  • daisybelle84
    daisybelle84 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What a jerk!! You look beautiful!
    I've had many bad ones! It's tough out there!
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Online dating is a cruel world. That guy is an idiot. You're beautiful!
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    He did not say all that!!! He's so rude! Next!
  • GyaLenaye
    GyaLenaye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jerk! you don't need that type of individual in your life.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    So. . I have to ask.. First off, the OP looks fantastic (if that's what she really looks like) . . HOWEVER!. . I have been on enough online dates to know that the rule (not the exception) is that the person that shows up doesn't look like their pictures and is generally much heavier than their pictures suggest. I suppose I'm an asshat and a jerk and all that stuff for not being able to "see past it" etc. . but sorry. . can't.

So.. the question is.. What should the guy have done? How SHOULD he have dealt with this. . And I'm not asking for judgy comments about how he shouldn't be so vain or superficial. People like what they like. I am intimately aware of this curse. I am asking this because I genuinely would like advice on this. The reason I don't online date anymore is because I hate the part where I have to tortuously explain that I like her but "we just aren't a match". This is especially painful when we've spent too much time getting to know each other before the date. In my case I don't even bother asking if she's working on it. .I just dump her. . Is that the preferred option?
  • Goldsby318
    Goldsby318 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    He is an idiot. You are very pretty . There is a better man out there for you.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I could see it if you were way overweight, but you look in decent shape from your pictures :/ Just move on and take no offense.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WTH! What he want skin and bones. You look good! SO keep looking.
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    On the plus side...at least he was honest so you didn't waster too much more time on him.