Let's hear it for pale girls! :D

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments (so many). I am also fair skinned and I don't tan. I've been wearing sunscreen and wearing hats since I was 12. That's how I keep my skin youthful.

I don't think people universally dislike pale skin. Different people have different preferences. I think many of us just like natural. So, whatever skin color is natural for you, is lovely just the way it is. Pale is not the best descriptive word because it implies colorless and other such things. I have light skin, but I have dark eyebrows/lashes, rosy cheeks, freckles, pink lips, and a little bit darker color to my eye lids. I have very light skin, but there are plenty of people replying on here that are lighter than I am (based on what they are saying).
  • TheSummerProject13
    Options
    I love being pale, having red hair I think it would look awfully odd if I wasn't =0
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am pale! My husband pokes fun at me because my breasts and stomach glow. My arms and legs are just a tad darker. He's naturally always a little darker like he has a faint tan. When I was a kid I was always outside and I was always dark. I burn and then tan. I have a mix of my parents. My dad just darkens, he can be very dark if he's out in the sun (the arm he sticks out the window when he drives usually is!) and my mom only burns, she cannot tan. My older brother is like my dad only sometimes he peels, my older sister is like my mom. Me and my younger sister got a mix. We burn and then peel and then we are tan underneath.

I also get made fun of because I take care to use sunblock and sometimes carry an umbrella when I walk. Sun is hot! I know if need some sunlight but dang, sun. You are vicious. But I do agree with an earlier post. Pale + stretch marks = not good.
  • daylilies
    daylilies Posts: 92
    Options
    I am super pale and I actually have a bad sunburn in my profile pic. Luckily the gorgeous man next to me sort of detracts from that. :P
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    NUP_152130_1104-225x300.jpg
  • KimberleyS0624
    KimberleyS0624 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love being fair. I was born white and want to stay that way!

OMG! hahahaha :laugh: :laugh:

move on this is 21st century...your skin colour hardly matters....nobody likes or dislikes your because of it...

Ummm... that's not what I was referring to. I don't want to ruin my skin with tanning. Hence wanting to stay as natural as I was when I was born.

Edited to add a very necessary DERRR
    So no tattoos or makeup either then?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I have tattooed and wear minimal makeup. I don't bronze. I meant my skin color
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started out white many years back and stayed white, since I have avoided sun for much of my life and ALWAYS use sunscreen every day I go out. I believe it has helped my skin to stay pretty decent and not so old-looking so far, thank goodness! We live near some older (55-105+, literally) folks and some have those spraytans done and they look like baked beans, since it doesn't match anything they ever started with but they are trying to cover the wrinkles. I think any colour can be beautiful and is, but a healthy version of whatever we are is what I want to be--if I were born really dark, I would STILL stay out of the sun and hopefully have nice-looking darker skin!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    So pale I glow, but working on a tan right now! LOL

52112Arizona.jpg
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    http://leannellexo.blogspot.co.uk/ <-- This is my review on the lightest shade for rimmel london 25hr foundation.. Look how dark it looks on my skin!!! :-(
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    http://leannellexo.blogspot.co.uk/ <-- This is my review on the lightest shade for rimmel london 25hr foundation.. Look how dark it looks on my skin!!! :-(

Ha! That's pretty much what almost all palest shades look like on me. Some of the ivory ones are close enough though that if I only use a little and blend, blend , blend, I can make it work.

There were times when I was younger and wore more make-up that as a finishing powder, I'd just use baby powder since it was closer than anything else. ha ha.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    pale + stretch marks..... no go.

well i don't think stretch marks with any skin color is a "go". and also, a benefit of having pale skin is white stretch marks blend in, while with darker skin colors they stand out more.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options

Ha! That's pretty much what almost all palest shades look like on me. Some of the ivory ones are close enough though that if I only use a little and blend, blend , blend, I can make it work.

There were times when I was younger and wore more make-up that as a finishing powder, I'd just use baby powder since it was closer than anything else. ha ha.

Even when I blend it, it looks ridiculous and doesn't blend well on my neck either lol, I just wear some concealer and moisturiser nowadays, still on the hunt for a good pale foundation!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options

The inside of your wrist is the worst place to try foundation. My skin there is nearly pale blue! You won't ever find one to match. centre of your face is the best or decolletage. Necks are pale too so trying it on your jaw isn't good either.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am pale (Irish). I tanned when younger but stopped after age 21. If you don't think my fair skin is sexy I really do not care. I have no desire to tan. If my glowing white skin bothers you in a bikini you can avert your eyes.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Another Whitest Girl Alive here. I'm especially freakish here in Oz, where everyone else worships the sun, and I cower in the shadows like a vampire...
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish/English/Swedish/German yet I am not pale. I have blue eyes and blonde brown hair. For some reason I have a darker skin tone that is yellow in color. Olive skin maybe? I'm not even pink!

Just thought it was weird with the heritage I've got. I won't complain though. I don't tan nor ever would so I guess I can enjoy easily finding make up foundation colors or not looking like I never go outside (which I don't haha).

My husband is pretty funny thought as he has black hair/brown eyes yet he's super pale! He totally could pull off the goth look.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What about the pale guys??? INEED A TAN :grumble:
  • kalikala154
    kalikala154 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a natural red head and the sun just makes my freckles multiply.
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love all girls but, yes pale is definitely hot. Just no orange girls.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Pale skin is beautiful especially ivory as it's so rare.

I gravitate towards ethnic looking boys though ;)

Agreed!! : )