An Open Letter to Cottage Cheese

Options
124»

Replies

• mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some things I've been able to overcome, like brussel sprouts, but cottage cheese is still a big fat nope...can't do it, I tried a couple years ago and it was still as nasty as I remembered it LOL.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    No flavoured stuff here, but my husband introduced me to a good combo: half an avocado filled with cottage cheese and some chilli sauce :)

This sounds amazing!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    I used to eat it as a kid but it seems so salty to me now.

it IS really salty. I rinse mine off, get off all the salty milky part off...the "curds" are the protein part. Mix that in w/my yogurt.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. I was the same way. Now I'll have it as a late night snack with cinnamon, strawberries, and some liquid vanilla stevia mixed in. Delightful.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The pot style Friendship (the orange container) is my favorite. I have it mashed with avocado for my afternoon snack, with honey wheat Ritz.

It makes a great addition to egg salad too. I only need a tiny dollop of mayo, if any at all.

When I have it for breakfast its usually with an apple or pear & cinnamon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    We eat enough Cottage cheese at my house, that my friend who owns a restaurant orders it for me weekly. (Thanks, Sue!)

Try it with fruit and granola or with toast and avocado. also, blended in a smoothie with spinach, ice, and your choice of fruit. (I like strawberry or blueberry)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Friendship no salt 1% cottage cheese. Plain or with fruit.

I also make Cottage Cheese Pancakes. Very simple: 1 egg, 1/3C cottage cheese, 3T whole wheat flour. Mix ingredients together, then coat a frying pan with PAM spray and pour/press mixture into the pan. Cook on medium heat. When air bubbles appear on surface, flip and cook until done. Top with fruit, maple syrup, or anything else you like.

This is a weekend favorite at my house. They freeze well, so we often make several at a time to have as quick weekday breakfast meals.