Game of Thrones

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    To be honest, i just hope they don't screw this relationship up with instalove. Don't get me wrong, i've been shipping them since season 1 episode 1, i just think they deserve a more slow-burn intense romance if there's going to be one at all.

tumblr_o2a0qju7iO1tdsucto1_500.png

... and am i the only one enjoying the show less now that it's less character focused and more action/war focused?
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Idk @Cutaway_Collar there was a lot of chaos going on at the time.. Maybe he was aiming for one of the guys? He almost hit jorah before he fell.. this is all from memory though I've only seen the episode once and I was very VERY hyped up at the time.

@WorkerDrone83 Yes Dorne! Come on! And I wanna know what happened to Ellaria and tyene in the dungeon! We havent had an update after shebitch kissed her.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Pete's dragon get killed?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    People are losing their sheet about how the wights got those big chains.

Let's not forget the night king has the same abilities as Bran. Both can see the past and the future. He planned the whole thing and drew Danaerys out so he gets a dragon.

Those chains came from hardhome where they sacked a lot of ships which had anchor chains.

One thing I agree is the infeasibility of Gendry's decathlon abilities.

I talked about this with my husband and we thought that maybe they showed too many clips of them just walking. There wasn't a clear sense of just how long they had been out there but we only saw night come once so I just assumed that they had been walking all damn day and then Gendry ran all damn night to get back.

They could have done a better job at giving viewers an idea of how long they were stuck out in the middle of the lake. Given that it did have to freeze back up enough to hold the weight of the advancing army then it likely would've taken multiple days.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Idk @Cutaway_Collar there was a lot of chaos going on at the time.. Maybe he was aiming for one of the guys? He almost hit jorah before he fell.. this is all from memory though I've only seen the episode once and I was very VERY hyped up at the time.

@WorkerDrone83 Yes Dorne! Come on! And I wanna know what happened to Ellaria and tyene in the dungeon! We havent had an update after shebitch kissed her.

I believe one of the actresses did confirm that they were not scheduled for any further filming and it was insinuated that they'll both die in the dungeon.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    To be honest, i just hope they don't screw this relationship up with instalove. Don't get me wrong, i've been shipping them since season 1 episode 1, i just think they deserve a more slow-burn intense romance if there's going to be one at all.

tumblr_o2a0qju7iO1tdsucto1_500.png

... and am i the only one enjoying the show less now that it's less character focused and more action/war focused?

It's annoying because these two do have chemistry and I want to root for them but then I think about how we all condemn Jaime and Cersei for being brother and sister who bone but then we want an aunt and nephew to bone...?

Stupid GoT. Making me root for gross relationships.

Oh, I mean I give 100% no *kitten* if they're related. I don't get the whole "but she's his aunt!" Nonsense, back in the day marrying cousins or anyone who wasn't your direct sibling was perfectly fine and not a social faux pas.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

I believe one of the actresses did confirm that they were not scheduled for any further filming and it was insinuated that they'll both die in the dungeon.

Whaaaat!? What a waste.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Whaaaat!? What a waste.

Yeah here was the article I read, or at least it has the same quote as the one I read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/31/ellaria-sand-actress-confirms-wont-coming-back-game-thrones/
    Varma says she received the call all Game of Thrones actors with ill-fated characters get, from showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. “I was expecting it,” she said. “I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, ‘As long as I die on screen…’ and they were like ‘Yeah!’ But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.”
  • _thisnameischosen_
    Options

Whaaaat!? What a waste.

Yeah here was the article I read, or at least it has the same quote as the one I read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/31/ellaria-sand-actress-confirms-wont-coming-back-game-thrones/
    Varma says she received the call all Game of Thrones actors with ill-fated characters get, from showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. “I was expecting it,” she said. “I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, ‘As long as I die on screen…’ and they were like ‘Yeah!’ But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.”

Ah I think that's a real shame I liked her.
    Thanks for the info though! :smile:
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I didn't like any of the sand snakes. Mostly because they had some weird inverse cheerleader effect going on, making them all look hideous. I thought it was cool how Euron was taking them out with their own weapons.

ETA - Well, I should say "partly" instead of "mostly." Also, they killed Myrcella, who was totally innocent.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Let's not forget the night king has the same abilities as Bran. Both can see the past and the future. He planned the whole thing and drew Danaerys out so he gets a dragon.

Those chains came from hardhome where they sacked a lot of ships which had anchor chains.

It's been discovered, watch in the background and you'll see him reving up his Chevy Silverado before heading back to the wall. It obviously ran out of gas so he had to walk the last bit of it.

OfficialGraciousAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif
  • Caporegiem
    Options

It's been discovered, watch in the background and you'll see him reving up his Chevy Silverado before heading back to the wall. It obviously ran out of gas so he had to walk the last bit of it.

OfficialGraciousAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

I saw that but did that actually make it into the episode? Because you can see other *kitten* that would never be in the frame as well

Nah it was edited out in the episode. That gif came from some behind the scenes interview thing they did.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    My wife asked if we can role play jon and danaerys and have sex in a big boat in the long island sound. I am working on setting it up. Woooo!

Um.

She wants to pretend to be your aunt?

Better than roleplaying Cersei and Jaime I guess?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I feel like GoT is doing the same thing Boardwalk Empire did at the end of its life cycle: rush through all the storylines to tie up loose ends and skip important pieces of the story. Like, I would loved to have seen how Sansa came to realize that Littlefinger was a twwwaat. Yes, I get that Bran probably filled her in, but show me that part.

I was straight up bored with the first 30 or so minutes of the show and it only got marginally better after that. Yes, some things were good, but for the most part, it was disappointing.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I feel like GoT is doing the same thing Boardwalk Empire did at the end of its life cycle: rush through all the storylines to tie up loose ends and skip important pieces of the story. Like, I would loved to have seen how Sansa came to realize that Littlefinger was a twwwaat. Yes, I get that Bran probably filled her in, but show me that part.

I was straight up bored with the first 30 or so minutes of the show and it only got marginally better after that. Yes, some things were good, but for the most part, it was disappointing.

I think she's been aware for a while now, at least since the end of Season Six. There were points where she needed him, and was able to make use of him, and he may have been successful in the first stages of his playing sister against sister, but he was pushing her and leading her into what he wanted her to think; and by the time he was bringing Brienne into his web, she was likely mulling things over. That was probably one reason she made sure Brienne was away from Winterfell. By the time of the "worst things" game, things were confirming and conforming for Sansa. So for me, her actions weren't rushed.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The Littlefinger scene was probably the most satisfying of the entire season. And Jons butt.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Littlefinger disintegrating was very satisfying.

And it was a nice contrast to Theon's scene.