For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options
How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

Replies

• mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup of 1/2 caff in the morning and then a non fat mocha later in the day. If I had to give it up I could survive, but my kids might not :smile: ! Just kidding of course, but I see no reason to give it up right now!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I usually drink coffee throughout the day (can't so much now that I am pregnant) Usually 2 cups of strong black regular coffee with no sugar (before I came here it was white coffee one sugar).

There have been months where I have completely given up coffee and survived. Was there a point to the question? :flowerforyou:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    1 cup of regular black coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon. Just enough to get me going. If I was able to have some other form of caffeine I'm sure I could survive, but I really need something to get me going in the morning. I also remember giving up caffeine for lent one year. Terrible headaches, couldn't go to the bathroom, couldn't stay awake, and kept breaking into cold sweats. I was drinking A LOT more at that time but still, not really in a rush to give it up again. I would need a caffeine substitute.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups of black coffee everyday.

If I gave it up I might survive, but there might be some casualties along the way.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I would only give it up if I HAD to (I'm thinking gun point). I drink 2 cups with French vanilla creamer every morning and water for the rest of the day. It fits into my macros/cals. Pretty much my philosophy on all things I love - and it hasn't slowed down my weight loss.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It's a cyclic thing. I give up coffee, get the headaches. Go back on it slowly, stop paying attention, it goes up too much, I give it up.

Currently, 1 cup on rising a second cup as soon as I get in to work. coffee break at 11am and one after lunch - I may not have all 4, but 2-3 of the 4 are musts. Anything else is a herbal tea or decaff coffee. But I don't think decaff is great for you either. I'm probably ready to give up again, or at least seriously cut back. My tummy complains if I drink too much. I can give up coffee, but I need a 'drink' at regular intervals, but will happily switch to herbal teas.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups of regular just to get moving in the morning ....... then maybe another regular after lunch ......

And no I couldn't survive without coffee ...... let "them" take my chocolate, my fruit, my alcohol ....... but leave me my coffee :laugh:
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-8 cups of coffee a day. yes, I could give it up and have no problems. I have done that in the past.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Usually one in the morning

Give up,?? NO WAY!! I wake up thinking about that cup of coffee why would I do that???????
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

Yup I could and have surveyed.... If you mean survive... Yes I could do that too... Now would I like it... Oh heck no.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    2cups dark roast every morning with fat free half and half. I will not give up this vice.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 2 in the morning and at least 1 in the afternoon, sometimes before I lift weights.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have regular coffee 1 to 2 cups in the morning. With stevia and fat free creamer :-)
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Trying to cut back. One cup of regular coffee in the morning, then 2 or 3 cups of green tea during the day.
  • craigrlarson170
    Options
    I've been off of caffeine completely for 2 months. I always develop a 100% tolerance to it, and would need more and more of it just to feel "mediocre." Now I feel just as good (if not better) than I ever did on coffee. I have plenty of natural energy in the morning and to get through the day! It wasn't easy, but if you can taper yourself and gradually get off of it I would recommend it to anyone.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    My user name says it all. I drink ALL THE COFFEE.

And Decaf is sinful, seriously.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I was a coffee drinker for the longest time several a day, either regular or Iced coffee even to the point i was having a rapid heart beat, shake and jitters and eye twitching, went to the doctor and he straight out said do you drink alot of coffee?. <who me?> lol

now i have 1 or 2 a day with 15ml 2% fat milk and Splendor calorie free sugar replacement if any dont need it for the pick me up but enjoy the taste more then anything now. There's also caffeine in Tea and Chocolate so you could be counting that aswell. Personally I drink more tea and water then coffee specifically.

I have given up all soft drinks and flavoured milks and cordials which includes coffee based drinks and i replaced them with more water so i could survey, anything is only as addictive as you allow it to be.

Decaffinated coffee i can't say i've ever had a decent tasting one

might note that 1-2 a day is beneficial not including sugar and milk ofcourse. caffeine helps reduce blood pressure, heart risks in moderation any more and it has the opposite effect.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    coffee no way:noway:
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    double espresso
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    I drink about 24 ounces of black coffee a day; half right away in the morning with breakfast and half later. On work days I drink a cup when I got to the office or at home I usually enjoy it while i browse the internet.
    I try to be completely done with caffeine but about 10am as I tend to be a bit of an insomniac.

Weekends I treat myself to one skinny grande Starbucks; my reward for our early Sunday morning weekly grocery shopping.

I have zero desire or need to quit drinking coffee but I suppose I could; it would be tough the first few days.