For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup a day with French vanilla creamer, down from about 6-8 cups per day. It was tough to cut back at first but I've been doing this for about 9 months and feel fine. I'm sure I could give up my 1 cup if I had to (but I don't want to!)
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups in the morning and after its green tea with lemon and water with lemon.I wouldn't give it up I look forward to my coffee.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups of black coffee everyday.

If I gave it up I might survive, but there might be some casualties along the way.

This

Although i dont drink 8-12 cups a day, i drink about 5. The rest is water, occasional fizzy drink (lemonade or coke) or a cordial (always lemon)

Every now an again an alcoholic drink or 2....... or maybe 10 if im out ;)
  • tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup or two of decaf if I'm in the mood for it each day, but I think I could easily quit if I felt a want or need for it. I drink for the taste, not for the energy (caffeine makes me jittery and uncomfortable).
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    40 oz regular black. Two Splendas.

My brain cannot compute your third question.
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1 cup with 1T of heavy cream, 1T Kerrygold butter, and 1T of coconut oil. Whip it up with a handheld frother and it is good to go. Gives long lasting energy. If I have more coffee through the day I drink it black.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Two large cups in the morning with a little milk, no sugar. Sometimes a latte later in the day, but not usually. Why would I give it up? I don't subscribe to the theory that it is bad for me.
  • carolinemcd123
    Options
    One cup as soon as I get to work! I prefer iced coffee tho with a lottt of cream!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have one large mug of coffee with a splash of 5% cream and a bit of sugar. I have NO intention of giving it up.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

I drink 1 pot of strong black coffee (no sweetening or other additives. No Decaf) every morning.
    I often drink a few more cups throughout the day.

There is no way I would ever consider giving up coffee. Not even at gun point.
    A. I wouldn't want to go through the withdrawal.
    B. I have very few vices.
    C. I rarely drink anything other than coffee and water.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly love coffee. Its not just something I need to get going in the morning, I just enjoy the taste of it. I build 2 cups a day into my diet with 1T of light cream per cup. I won't deny myself this small pleasure. I have given up coffee by using Advocare's spark drink in the past (just to see if I could) but like I said I really enjoy my coffee. Everything in moderation.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups of regular coffee a morning (black). I've gone long periods without having coffee in the past with no problem.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1 12-5oz. cup in the morning, I recently swithed to black coffee, I used to use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and truvia or regular sugar. Since back on MFP I've gone black. It took a little getting used to but I'm fine with it now, I could not go witout the 1 cup/day. I get migraines and if I skip a day, I would get a headache for sure!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Doing a survey or surveying requires alot of energy, therefore I could not survey without coffee.

Love this response!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I use a Keurig, so I use one cup because I'm cheap and that's really all I need. Too lazy to clean up after a regular caffeine machine and too clumsy and wouldn't appreciate a French press.

Could I live without it? Sure. But I'd resort to drinking crappy caffeinated beverages!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Pretty much a daily habit that I really need to break, if for no other reason than the cost. But, that being said, my daily "crack" (as I call it) is a Starbuck's venti Cafe Americano with one pump of hazelnut and a splash of half & half. Its essentially 4 shots of espresso and water over ice. I know its strong when I can still smell coffee in my pee later on in the afternoon. LOL
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Pretty much a daily habit that I really need to break, if for no other reason than the cost. But, that being said, my daily "crack" (as I call it) is a Starbuck's venti Cafe Americano with one pump of hazelnut and a splash of half & half. Its essentially 4 shots of espresso and water over ice. I know its strong when I can still smell coffee in my pee later on in the afternoon. LOL!!
  • toddmoore83
    toddmoore83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

COFFEE: Let me see
    Ok, I have a 2 burner Bunn (restaurant) coffee maker, 3 coffee grinders and a 15 bar Espresso maker.
    At any time I have 5 to 10 lbs of coffee on hand to blend.
    I was doing 2 to 3 pots a day. And I also had instant in case I was in a hurry.
    I have cut back to about 1 pot for a whole 24 hour period.
    As of late I have been firing up the espresso maker and putting shots in my protein shakes. Great for those days when cardo just SUKS..
    But I have went days and weeks with no JAVA and had no issues.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I drink about 24oz (2 big cups) with 1T flavored creamer in each cup daily. I DO NOT leave the house until I've had my coffee. I consider this my daily public service to the world.

After that, I drink water for the rest of the day...unless I'm seriously dragging at work, then I might tap into my "emergency stash" (instant coffee / powdered creamer) that I keep at my desk.

As others have said, I really don't have any other vices...and I love everything about coffee...the smell, the taste, the warm and cozy feel of it. I have absolutely no desire or good cause to need to give it up, so I really don't care whether or not I could survive without it....the better question is why would I *WANT* to survive without it? And I can't imagine that anyone who has to interact with me at all would want me to survive without it either.
  • ArizonaSquid
    ArizonaSquid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Navy... coffee is just one of those things we refuse to go without. As a wise man once told me: "The ships and submarines may run on oil and nuclear power, but the Navy runs on coffee."

My consumption has dropped on shore duty, but when I was on my last boat I had a 16oz coffee mug that I would fill and empty between 5 and 7 times every 18 hours. These days, as I drive a desk instead of a submarine, I normally run about 2 of those mugs in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, my coworkers prefer their coffee on the wimpy side, so I had to bring in my own pot in order to brew something a self-respecting Sailor would drink.