For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options

Replies

• Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup of regular each morning.. don't think I would survive without it.. might end up in a ditch on my morning commute to work :P
  • camaxon
    camaxon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink about 6-8 cups a day........what did I do before my keurig.....
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 cup at home 1 at work and a cup of iced coffee, got to be good for the metabolism I hope:noway:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    At least two, regular, with white chocolate macadamia, white chocolate mocha, or caramel creamer. I think you mean "survive", yes, of course, but why would I give it up?
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to have a cup of coffee (caffeinated) with breakfast every morning. I gave up coffee for a month and replaced that breakfast coffee with green tea. Now I only occasionally have a coffee with breakfast and don't miss it at all. Still love my coffee but realise I didn't need it every morning like I thought I did.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I go to bed anticipating my morning coffee

This! 2-4 cup black coffee drinker here. Could i give it up? Sure, I did 20 years ago when I was pregnant.

I thoroughly enjoy my morning coffee. Love it. It's a ritual that I enjoy very much. But I always stop drinking coffee at noon, because it's no longer morning.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    THe first word(s) out of my mouth is coffee.

GIVE IT UP NO WAY.

And I have actually decided that is the one thing I won't be giving up at all...my coffee with sugar and real cream.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee about 6 months ago. I was drinking 3-4 cups a day. I felt like it was driving some of my cravings for sweets. In the morning I drink warm lemon water with honey. When I run out of lemons I miss it more than I ever missed coffee! Once in a while a cup of coffee sounds good and once in a while I'll give in and have one but so far it hasn't led me back to the daily habit.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I drink a cappuccino every morning Monday thru Friday (need to get thru workday somehow). I can survive w/o coffee only when im on vacation.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Admittance: I'm an addict. I drink at least 4 strong espresso in a day and I'd die without them.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of half-caf every morning with fat free hazelnut and Stevie. I gave caffeinated coffee for a 40 day fast at church and it was torture!! I had a head ache for 40 days and when I started drinking it again I started to have heart flutters all the time even when I wasn't drinking it! That is when I started to drink half-caf!!
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 1/2 cups of Spanish espresso with 1T of Creamer and 1 sugar packet, in the morning and water the rest of the day! I love it and it helps get me going. Could I give it up.... I'm sure I could I had to ..... and only if I had tooo :sad: LOL! No seriously I have given it up before but I always go back! I used to drink 3-4 cups of regular coffee throughout the day! So having my one cup of espresso in the morning I feel is a healthy compromise! :happy:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?
    Doing a survey or surveying requires alot of energy, therefore I could not survey without coffee.
  • ncbeachprincess
    Options
    No way will I give up my coffee! At least not now! I drink 12-24 oz, with 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar Free Creamer. This is my indulgence. And no, I have no intentions of cutting coffee. Some people like expensive preworkout regimens, I like coffee. Oh, and I drink regular coffee. I only drink coffee and water, nothing else, EVER.
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always have a cup of 24 oz (strong) Wawa Hazelnut coffee in the morning with some non-dairy creamer and a little sweetener. Most of the time I end up having another during the day at work but I can't go a day without coffee without ending up with a headache so I don't feel the need to stop drinking coffee anytime soon.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    2 coffees with milk and sugar in the morning. Just started back up again a couple days ago. I could quit and have done so in the past, simply because my urges for coffee come and go. Seemed after I quit smoking 6 years ago, coffee addiction went along with it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    usually 2 in the AM, and 2 closer to lunch during work week.
  • jennshea01
    jennshea01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 cups religiously every morning. A bit of non-fat milk and sweetener. Can't drink coffee (or any caffeine) after about 2:00 p.m. or I won't sleep that night.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink one cup of regular coffee in the morning, with 3 packets of stevia and 1/4 cup milk.

And I could definitely give up coffee in the mornings because I have done it before! I used to drink ice water with a squeezed lemon and it gave me more energy than drinking coffee! Coffee doesn't really give me a boost; I drink it more out of habit and taste.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I typically have 2-3 cups of regular coffee in the morning with a tablespoon of sugar free hazelnut creamer and 1-2cuos in the afternoon. Anything under 4 cups, and I risk slipping into a coma.