Movies that make you say "WTF did I just watch??"

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    'I Spit On Your Grave' ...Now that was some f***ed up viewing :noway:

It was indeed a f**ed up craaaaaaazy storyline...but you MUST admit that chick got the revenge of life on them dudes!

I cant see how people come up with these storylines! They have to be partially demented themselves. SMH

The original or the remake?
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything on Canadian Netflix
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about 90% of "horror" movies on Netflix. Of course, once I start watching; I can't stop. Then at the end I feel like I wasted 90 minutes of my life.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    WTF/Horrible: Water World with Kevin Costner. i actually fell asleep during the movie. In the theater. It was embarrassing

WTF/Amazing: World War Z with Brad Pitt. That is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time!

WTF/ Disturbing: The Purge with Ethan Hawke. it was just disturbing...very, very disturbing.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For those saying Idiocracy... er, did you not get it?
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    'Teeth' the worst film ever made! Obviously never read the bio on it and decided to watch it with my 16 year old cousin and we were both so horrified we sat in silence too embarrassed to look at each other or turn it off! Avoid!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Dragon Wars is worse than Teeth. ^
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    WHY has NO ONE Mentioned Jack and Jill?

Nobody in their right mind has seen it? :D
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    How anyone can dislike a Darren Aronofsky film is beyond me! The man is a genius.

I am so disappoint right now. Gotta stop reading. :grumble:

I think the issue with his movies, for me at least, so you have to be in a very specific frame of mind to watch them. Same with David Lynch.

I guess that's a fair outlook. However, I prefer to think of it like Aronofsky chooses an emotion to portray, and he blasts it full steam. If you're not in that frame of mind, he'll root around in your brain 'til you are. He makes it all so relateable.

I dunno. I frigging love the man. Lynch has my heart, too.

Coen brothers, I admit, are hit and miss with me. Burn After Reading was a serious WTF movie for me. Fargo, No Country For Old Men, The Big Lebowski, True Grit, O Brother Where Art Thou?...cinematic gold.
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    I haven't seen Dragon Wars but I'd have to say The Human Centipede is high up on that list too.
  • xinit0
    Options
    WTF/Horrible: Water World with Kevin Costner. i actually fell asleep during the movie. In the theater. It was embarrassing

I just re-watched this in a series of dystopian future films; The Mad Max trilogy and Water World. I'd intended to re-watch Tank Girl and A Boy and His Dog to round things out, but haven't got to them yet.

Water World gets a pretty ban rep... I enjoyed aspects of it, but it could have been edited down a bit. Sure, the tattooed kid was a McGuffin, but sometimes that's how you move the story along. Exceptional set dressing and costuming though, and some pretty decent acting.
  • xinit0
    Options
    Coen brothers, I admit, are hit and miss with me. Burn After Reading was a serious WTF movie for me. Fargo, No Country For Old Men, The Big Lebowski, True Grit, O Brother Where Art Thou?...cinematic gold.

I've never looked at a wood chipper the same way since Fargo, donchaknow?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    How anyone can dislike a Darren Aronofsky film is beyond me! The man is a genius.

I think the issue with his movies, for me at least, so you have to be in a very specific frame of mind to watch them. Same with David Lynch.

I guess that's a fair outlook. However, I prefer to think of it like Aronofsky chooses an emotion to portray, and he blasts it full steam. If you're not in that frame of mind, he'll root around in your brain 'til you are. He makes it all so relateable.

Both make me uncomfortable. That's not a bad thing. It just shows how talented they are. But I have to be willing to be made uncomfortable.

Coen Brothers have their moments. Does does Terry Gillian. He made a movie about midgets stealing a treasure map from God. Not everyone can appreciate that... But I do. I still don't get Brazil though.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Star Wars, I was like really? In Space??
    And what is the deal with Titanic.. There is no way Bill Paxton could grow that much facial hair.
  • PepperWorm
    Options

I've never looked at a wood chipper the same way since Fargo, donchaknow?

:laugh:! Oh, jeeeeeze.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    pink flamingos......anyone else?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    'Teeth' the worst film ever made! Obviously never read the bio on it and decided to watch it with my 16 year old cousin and we were both so horrified we sat in silence too embarrassed to look at each other or turn it off! Avoid!!

wrong. teeth was a wonderful film!

although jaws kept me out of the ocean for a summer, teeth did not keep me away from vagina.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I love WTF movies that I watch and I just can't believe what I saw and yet, want to watch them again just to make sure

at the top of my list are Old Boy and Ichi the Killer

i LOVED the sleepaway camp series....i watched the first one when I was 8 (wen it came out) with my mom...and she had to do some fast talking to explain the end to me...
  • PepperWorm
    Options

Both make me uncomfortable. That's not a bad thing. It just shows how talented they are. But I have to be willing to be made uncomfortable.

Coen Brothers have their moments. Does does Terry Gillian. He made a movie about midgets stealing a treasure map from God. Not everyone can appreciate that... But I do. I still don't get Brazil though.

Yeah, I can understand that. Maybe I like that feeling. Getting out of your "comfort zone" for the full experience. :smile:

lol @ Terry.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    'I Spit On Your Grave' ...Now that was some f***ed up viewing :noway:

The original or the remake?

I thought the original was better and was brilliant in its controversay.