I feel like I'm not doing something right

Options
13»

Replies

• cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You are killing it, awesome job. I think I know how you feel though. Starting out I had at least 150 pounds to lose, and even after losing that I would still be considered overweight. Losing 3 pounds in a week is amazing, but when you still have another 147 to go thinking about that goal feels impossible. What I have done for the sake of my own sanity is chop that goal up. My current goal is to lose 10% of my starting weight every 4 months give or take(I said 30 pounds to give myself buffer). It is much easier for me to think of my goal being 305 by April 30th, then 275 by August 31st, then finally 245 by December 31st. 2 or 3 pounds is 10% of my goal then.
    It is hard to see someone my size that has lost twice as much as I have in the same amount of time, we are social and competitive animals, it's coded into our DNA to compare ourselves to others. You just have to step back and look at your own accomplishments. I look at the fact that I already met my goal for this 17 week period, I am over 2lbs a week average, and at that rate I will crush my 90 pound goal on the year. Keep your head up you are rocking this, all that matters is that YOU are a better and Healthier version of yourself than you were yesterday.

This is some good advice.

I don't have as much to lose as you, but I wanted to add that it helps me to focus on goals other than my weight. I like to pick exercise goals, but you could also focus on health goals or nutrition goals...whatever will keep you moving forward and not make you crazy.