What Do You Think of the "Free to Be Hairy" Movement

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    You are free to do whatever you wish...one reason I would not do this is that bacteria loves hair to 'glob' onto and then you stink...so gross

Hardly any men where I live shave their legs or under their arms yet they don't stink.

Why is it gross and stinky if women do not do so? I don't think bacteria can differentiate.

That's right. They don't stink probably because they shave! I'm not saying it's any different for women. Of course it's potentially stinky for both genders!

But most men don't shave their arm pits and they don't stink.

They use deodorant and that controls odour.

Yes I get that some people sweat more than others and shaving helps control this problem for them - but the idea that shaving is neccesary for all women and it is gross if they do not shave but it is ok for men not to shave does not make sense from a hygiene point of view - bacteria cannot differentiate between male and female hair.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Oops, just read your next post and I think you just realised this yourself.
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    DISGUASTING
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Don't think i would ever be with a woman that didn't shave i'd have to bust out the weed wacker
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't like hair on myself, let alone a woman :s
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Don't really care what anyone else does but personally I can't leave it on. That's for myself though, not because I could care what any strangers thought about me.
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Go for it
  • DocSolid
    DocSolid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good landscaping below is fine but if the pits are hairy that's just scary...
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    dwatson925 wrote: »
    I don't like hair on myself, let alone a woman :s

Nice beard

Yeah, I have a beard, for now. Need to get some lady to shave it
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I say whatever floats your boat.
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I shave but gave up on my eyebrows.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Your body. Your choice.

My choice for my body is to shave everything below my head. I like the feeling of bare, smooth skin for myself.

I don't care what people do, but personally I don't find it sexy for a woman to have body hair.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @sunn_lighter that's a LOT better than my original thought. lmao
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I really don't mind hair, except for that one time ( TMI here ) a couple of years ago i got with a girl that had pubic hair that had never been trimmed i don't think. She was German though i think thats normal over there:/ but ye that was too much... it just......went on forever.
  • OrdinaryDude300
    OrdinaryDude300 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My GF comes come a Central American Country and will go without removing leg and arm hair during winter months at times. I dont believe going natural is common in many countries at all. Maybe those where the women dont have much body hair like in China. I don't find it unattractive at all. She is hairier then I thought when we first met but to me her legs are gorgeous with or without hair removal. She often cold waxes instead of shaving which leaves a better smoother skin instead of stubble after two days. I think going natural should be accepted but I doubt it ever will.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If only I could grow body hair... I'd like to at least have the option. But alas my only hair is on my head, even my eyebrows are patchy and thin :disappointed:

My fiancée doesn't shave much. She'll groom herself. Personally I couldn't care less as long as she's comfortable. I just get annoyed when people like her sister go out of their way to show that they don't shave similar to the people in OP's post... Like, we get it already, you don't shave - do you want a prize or something?
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    whatever floats your boat... makes me wanna gag though. lol