Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am 43, and trying to lose the last 15-20 pounds.. Add me! :-)
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I will be 49 in july and i have 136# to lose. Im an uncontrolled diabetic but since i came on mfp....i have been much better. this is a great tool to keep me in line. however, i am looking for motivational and supportive people. I was in the emergency room the end of march and the doctor told me that all my problems come from me not doing anything about my weight. He said and i quote "youre to the point no one is going to WANT or be ABLE to help you. My daughter (15) was outside the curtain and heard every word. Talk about making a person feel hopeless...I'm gonna take this one day at a time....

One day at a time. You will see that it will get better. You are not alone.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This is surreal. I am so happy to see all the responses. I feel I can conquer the WORLD!! Hahhaa
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 in June. I have a little one that will be three in September. I hope to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by then and then lose another ten beyond that. I find losing much harder at this age, but I think it is because I've lost a lot of muscle and have much less time.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I'll be 42 in June. I have a little one that will be three in September. I hope to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by then and then lose another ten beyond that. I find losing much harder at this age, but I think it is because I've lost a lot of muscle and have much less time.

Hi!! I agree, at this age it becomes harder to lose. I use to stop eating bread and lose 5 pounds automatically in my 20's. Guess we just need to work harder now.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome to 44 :):)
    I turned 44 in November & finding its a tough age for weight loss. Started the 40's at my physical peak. Super strong & looking good. Then I put on 30lbs over last 3 years...
    Mostly because every time I try to get back to being active like I used to be, something else on my body starts to hurt.
    And ice cream.
    But I'm so ready to turn it around and make this the best year yet of my life!
    Hope this will be your best year ever too.
    Would be glad of more MFP friends to share in the journey together.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ill be 48 in June T1Diabetic, insulin dependent. Re-losing the 30 pounds I regained over the last 2 years. So much harder at this age. But I am strong! goal is 1/2- 3/4 pound a week, which is doable if I stay focused. Slow and steady will win my race!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    jonjaxmom wrote: »
    Ill be 48 in June T1Diabetic, insulin dependent. Re-losing the 30 pounds I regained over the last 2 years. So much harder at this age. But I am strong! goal is 1/2- 3/4 pound a week, which is doable if I stay focused. Slow and steady will win my race!

Good for you!! Keep it up!! Stay strong!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Welcome to 44 :):)
    I turned 44 in November & finding its a tough age for weight loss. Started the 40's at my physical peak. Super strong & looking good. Then I put on 30lbs over last 3 years...
    Mostly because every time I try to get back to being active like I used to be, something else on my body starts to hurt.
    And ice cream.
    But I'm so ready to turn it around and make this the best year yet of my life!
    Hope this will be your best year ever too.
    Would be glad of more MFP friends to share in the journey together.

Thanks!! So far so good! I am ready to face this head on! No stopping!
    My weakness is bread and chips!
  • lucyleigh4
    lucyleigh4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all! You CAN do it! I am almost 41 and have lost 25-30 lbs (depending on where I am in my goal range) in the past year. I am the same size I was in high school. And I have 5 children. It can be done!! Weigh all foods and log every morsel that goes into your mouth.
  • kmhrn913
    kmhrn913 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! 47 years old and tired of see-saw dieting and weight loss! This is my second time around with MFP Lost 60 lbs in 2011. Gained 49lbs back
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    :) Just turned 44 in March, had my annual physical earlier this month and was told I gained 5 pounds in a year. OUCH! Last year when I saw doctor I was down a few, but no matter I'm still pretty close to my weight when at the end of my pregnancy with each of my kids at this point and it's not good. Starting to experience heartburn more often. Know that I need to do something, even if I only want to fit into my clothes this summer from last summer.

So I'm done MFP on and off before, and this time I'm hoping to stick around even longer. I play tennis, mostly on the weekends, but really need to start with my food.

My kids are too old for me to blame baby fat on them...11,13 and 16...so I'm blaming my metabolism.

I'm still in week one of my logging but hoping I can stick to it!
  • racha33
    racha33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too am 45 and need around 25 kg. Need a budy to motivate each other. Please add me
  • MrsSmiley103
    MrsSmiley103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi 47 and starting over again. 2.5 yrs ago I managed to lose 30 pounds. And then life happened and I gained it all back. It is harder this time, so I will be a support as I know it can be done, but I need a push this time.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 with 80+ to lose. Please add me for support :smiley:
  • cvhbryant
    cvhbryant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 41 this year and just started training for a marathon (life goal!) I'm here to loose the 15-20 that I've settled with over the past few years. I have a major sugar addiction and find that I don't do extreme diets well. I don't do well knowing that I "can't" have something. I'm using MFP to help me with moderation and portion control as well as weight loss. I've had a very disciplined week and am feeling great about it. Happy to join, motivate and support!
  • Hellomissrachel
    Hellomissrachel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mamabelle4 wrote: »
    Hiya - another 40+ here. Need to lose 70lb but will take it in baby steps. I'm still blaming baby weight - but the "baby" is turning 3 years old this week

hahahaha my baby weight... mine is 11years old!! hahahhaa

Lol mine is 15!! still counts though!
  • KerryHalter
    KerryHalter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI everybody,
    I'm 48 (almost 49) I've been struggling with the same 10 - 15 for about 3 years now. My dream is to actually compete in a Figure Competition just to prove to myself i can do it!! I have some serious psychological road blocks to being able to stick to my eating plan (even when my calorie allowance/macro allowance is pretty high!!) I'm also going through a lot of peri menopausal stuff that makes losing weight even more difficult! I'm going to send out some requests but if i happen to miss you and you want to send me one please do!!!
  • zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lucyleigh4 wrote: »
    Good luck to you all! You CAN do it! I am almost 41 and have lost 25-30 lbs (depending on where I am in my goal range) in the past year. I am the same size I was in high school. And I have 5 children. It can be done!! Weigh all foods and log every morsel that goes into your mouth.

That is so nice to hear. I have done exactly that for just over a month, and hope that I will not only lose this weight, but adopt good habits for life.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My peeps! 45 here and a fair amount to lose.. down a little over 30 lbs so far and doing the C25K program so I can run an entire 5k for the first time evah in July.