Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• Fitme2016mfp
    Fitme2016mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Add me everyone. I'm 41 years old.
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have lost almost 90lbs in the past 3 yrs, mostly with MFP. Be honest, be forgiving and most of all, don't give up. I would love some supportive friends too, so please feel free to add me as your Aussie mate! Best of luck xx
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    2307dee wrote: »
    I am 42 and have lost almost 90lbs in the past 3 yrs, mostly with MFP. Be honest, be forgiving and most of all, don't give up. I would love some supportive friends too, so please feel free to add me as your Aussie mate! Best of luck xx

How inspiring are your words! Thank you. I know it will take time. I am in it to win it!!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Lascaux wrote: »
    I just turned 41. I'm finding it very difficult to lose some weight. I need an accountability buddy.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113716-healthy-women-over-40-support-accountability-group
    Join the group

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    dmcatlady wrote: »
    I've searched and can't find any group by that name, or with you as group leader. Why isn't it coming up?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113716-healthy-women-over-40-support-accountability-group

Thanks for posting!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    modmom1 wrote: »
    I just want to say that fitness over 40 is hard work and totally possible! I'm 46 and I have battled a lifetime of bad nutrition, fad diets and weight loss/weight gain too. And the universe thought it would be a kick to throw thyroid dysfunction and vertigo in there too.

Five years ago I started making small changes to my nutrition, then moved into strength training. I have no desire to go the road of a bodybuilder, but I do strive for a balanced life of health, fitness, mindfulness (and cookies! lol). It continues to be daily work as I learn more and more about my body. Setbacks happen and I deal with those too.

A year ago I became a personal trainer and opened a small gym in my home to help other ladies learn to strength train (the key to healthy aging in my opinion). I'm no lifelong expert but I gladly share what I have learned, hoping to give someone else motivation to find their way. Honestly, helping other gives me the motivation to keep doing what I do. I never liked working out, but I've learned to love it.

Please feel free to add me. I don't want to get in trouble for saying this (I don't know if it's allowed), but I've just started a facebook page for motivation and celebration purposes (I don't sell anything online or endorse any products). The page is REALLY new (I haven't even told my friends yet lol) but I want to give my clients and others a place to learn, celebrate their victories and find support when needed. I would welcome conversation! https://www.facebook.com/flexandflexibility/

Please know that you can do this!! It has nothing to do with willpower...that's crap. It's about mindfulness. Knowing that every decision you make leads to an outcome. Its hard work but that just makes the journey sweeter.

Love this! Tried to add you (and many others) but just doesn't seem to be working for me. Liked your FB page - it's motivational.
  • Meeshl1423
    Meeshl1423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone! I just turned 45 and looking to at lose at least 15 lbs. and get my half marathon race time back into the 2:20 range. Looking for friends to keep me company along the way!
  • mgerhardt45
    mgerhardt45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in October and I want to be in better shape. I need the motivation and looking for friends. I'm trying to get connected but please don't feel like I left if I don't post every day. A special needs child can really take control of my attention.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am quite active on my feed, with my blog and a group called 'Health, Happiness & More'. I am even vlogging my journey. Feel free to add me.
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @mchl1423 we might be twins haha. Just did my first half marathon and just turned 45! Looking to improve 5k, 10k and half times as well as lose those pesky last 15#!
  • lore622
    lore622 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I fall into this fabulous group!!!
  • BURDIE
    BURDIE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. I lose 5 or 6 lbs. Than I gain it back yet again. I need the accountability also. Please add me.
  • jennylee274
    jennylee274 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! One 42 year old mom of two here. Been a big girl all my life. Tried every diet. Never successful. So now it's a different approach. Healthier choices and gym time. Taking up hiking which I love.. And just living my life without anymore excuses. It's great to read everyone's posts and know we are in this together.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I am quite active on my feed, with my blog and a group called 'Health, Happiness & More'. I am even vlogging my journey. Feel free to add me.

Where's your group?
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    BURDIE wrote: »
    I'm 46. I lose 5 or 6 lbs. Than I gain it back yet again. I need the accountability also. Please add me.

This is me!!! Since last September , you are NOT alone!!!
  • suzyw7
    suzyw7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to be 41 this year. I need to lose around 15-20 to get to a goal weight I've been wanting to achieve for a long time! Over the past few years I've lost around 30 pounds since having my daughters 11 and 9 years ago. I exercise every day, usually a Beachbody program. I'm currently doubling up doing PiYo every day, at week 3 now, along with whatever program takes my fancy that morning! I've requested to join the group. Thanks
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mamabelle4 wrote: »
    Hiya - another 40+ here. Need to lose 70lb but will take it in baby steps. I'm still blaming baby weight - but the "baby" is turning 3 years old this week

hahahaha my baby weight... mine is 11years old!! hahahhaa

I'm 40+ also. My 3rd son is 13. I just started MFP last Friday and have lost 0.8 pounds. My goal is 1 pound a week. I'm happy with that as I have been on a plateau since November. I am loving MFP and the people in the community.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Where's your group?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113664-health-happiness-more

We have threads for:

Six week weight loss challenge (May 1 to June 11 but you can join anytime as we aren't competing with each other, we are competing with ourselves)
    Six week fitness challenge (Same thing as above)
    Six week 'try something new' challenge (designed to hopefully to make an activity a habit)
    Successes, Triumphs, Victories and Other Good News
    Stress Busters
    Welcome to New Members
    Weekly Challenges
    A Little Bit of Humour...
    Three Things I am Grateful For Today
    Discussion Suggestions
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Will ask to join. Thanks. I started something similar as well. Healthy Women over 40 Support and Accountabiltiy group. I know I need all the help I can get.