Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great mother's day here. My oldest is an excellent cook, and she prepared appetizers & paired a great spicy red wine. We sat on my back porch and enjoyed. Thankfully I was VERY active yesterday.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Great mother's day here. My oldest is an excellent cook, and she prepared appetizers & paired a great spicy red wine. We sat on my back porch and enjoyed. Thankfully I was VERY active yesterday.

That's what is all about!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    dmcatlady wrote: »
    Just checking in here. Hope everybody did well this weekend. I don't think my eating was as good as it could have been, but it also wasn't as bad either. Unfortunately had a party to attend on Saturday and too tough to track what I ate there as there were just so many little things from meats to desserts...and some alcohol as well. I did my best but know it's not accurate, however hopefully playing tennis that day helped.

We did spend a few hours walking around Six Flags on Mother's Day, so that was good. I had a few fries from my son's lunch and did have a few sips of regular soda because it helps calm my stomach after some of the rides which I don't handle well any longer in my "old" age.

Mother's Day dinner was just so much food, but mostly seafood, not horrible and I did end up having only one dessert which was good. So a bit of splurging for two days, and the scale this morning was only up about .5 from my last week weigh-in, so I can get that back on track easily enough. I try to log my weight on Wednesdays so let's hope this Wednesday will have me back on track.

Hope everybody else did well this weekend! I leave for vacation in about 5.5 weeks and I'd really like to fit much better in my summer clothes and bathing suit by that time, which means at least losing about 7 more pounds, but 10 would be even better...but very tough!

Most important thing is to enjoy ourselves
    No guilt. You have been doing pretty good. I am confident you will get to your goal.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    45 going on 46. 5'4" 178lbs. I need to lose 50. Please add me.
  • nektargirl
    nektargirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 42... Was a big runner until I injured my foot about this time last year. Unfortunately kept eating like I was running 20+ miles a week and ballooned up. Have a good 30lbs to lose now. Stated by working with a trainer earlier this year to figure out how I can exercise now without re-injuring myself. Now I need to get serious about food intake!!
  • calichiro
    calichiro Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    48 years old here... I got serious about logging a month ago and dropped 7 lbs. I've got 16 to go (to my initial goal, I might drop that goal once I get there).

This, after being diagnosed with Hashimoto's in January, which led to a complete food intolerance panel and learning I had huge issues with dairy and rice (and gluten, but I knew that).

What *used* to work for me no longer does, schedule or desire wise. So I'm having to figure out what does. I used to run and be a gym rat. I no longer want to run and don't have the time for a gym. I hike, do kettlebells at home, and yoga. I'm trying to find a workout schedule that fits with my every other week custody schedule. It's easy to work out with no kids in the house, and a huge struggle on the weeks the house is full.

So yeah, fitness in my late 40's has been challenging!

Nice to meet everybody!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    The struggle is real. Focus is key. I am still figuring out what I need to do. I use to have so much desire to work out and do strength and it has since been gone. I want to lose weight and stay on the healthy path. Need to keep working harder.
  • calichiro
    calichiro Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real.

Indeed! I used to get up ridiculously early to work out. Now I realize how crucial my sleep is to healing, and I'm not willing to do it anymore.

I've decided I don't care how long it takes me to reach goal. As long as it fits with my life and is fun to do. I'm tired of doing things I don't enjoy.
  • nektargirl
    nektargirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    calichiro wrote: »

What *used* to work for me no longer does, schedule or desire wise. So I'm having to figure out what does.

I feel your pain ... Finding a new groove is so hard! Have to keep telling myself I need to find what works best NOW, instead of obsessing over what used to be.
  • clwtrchristy
    clwtrchristy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    45 years old here - and ready to lose the extra 40 lbs. I'm carrying around. Anyone who keeps an open diary and is creative in filling the diary with filling high fiber foods - please add me. I could use the motivation in seeing others food ideas!
  • nikkihigh219
    nikkihigh219 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 this year. I would like to join for help and support to please
  • rn4usa
    rn4usa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey and have lost 9 lbs. I need to lose 60. I am 45 years old. I have hypothyroid and Diabetes. I am ready to get this weight off. I know I need lots of support. I would love to be added.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    47 here and it's that much harder to lose. I've got 15-20 lbs. to lose. I'm fairly active both on and off the boards but have a hard time with my eating habits. If I can change that, I would probably lose the weight I want.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I am so happy with all the responses. Overwhelmed with friends requests. Please do not think I am ignoring them. I am taking time reading and replying to most of them. I want to be able to support and encourage everyone on my list.

Thanks
  • Mamabelle4
    Mamabelle4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @dcresider I hear you on the eating habits! I joined a gym last year - parted with 800 and was then told it's 95% nutrition and 5% exercise...
  • Krispencu
    Krispencu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    I'm 46 and at my top weight ever non-pregnant. Like others have posted, I've done WW and MFP and lost weight more easily in the past- it's so frustrating to be doing all the same things and only getting half the results!!!! I deleted MFP about a year ago and am now trying again. Would love the support!!!
  • Celtic_Xylia
    Celtic_Xylia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I add people or request friends?
  • jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am 38, I will be 39 in November and have been doing my best at getting fit and just plain feeling good! Please feel free to add me! :)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Looking for some support and to be able to support in return I'm 50+ and have been at this for awhile. I lost 200 pounds and then lost my best friend from high school. Quickly put about half back. Just restarted May first, but not many of my friends are very chatty these days.
    Feel free to add me, but please tell me you saw me here as I'll forget as soon as I post this.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    rn4usa wrote: »
    I just started my journey and have lost 9 lbs. I need to lose 60. I am 45 years old. I have hypothyroid and Diabetes. I am ready to get this weight off. I know I need lots of support. I would love to be added.

I have Diabetes too. It has been a very hard road for me to take. We can do this!!