Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone. Go on groups and search for Healthy Women over 40 Accountability group. The struggle is real but with encouragement and support this journey is much easier.

We can do this!!!
  • kouts
    kouts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can friend/add me
    Diagnosed with Hashimotos years ago
    I'm 46 and would like to lose 20 lbs
    Just started running a couple of months ago and just started a sugar detox.....
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    kouts wrote: »
    You can friend/add me

Sugar detox!! I need that!! Adding you.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes 45 yrs old here and need to lose all the weight I gained back again. Lots to lose and need support!
  • jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do I join the group?
  • lporter1970
    lporter1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and having been logging for about 45 days. I am looking to loose 20 lbs and have lost 6 so far. Would love to be a part of the group. I could use all the motivation, support and accountability buddies as I can get.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    AnasNina wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2011.Every day I fill out my diary. Every day it tells me I need to eat more. But yet I'm still gaining weight. I have major joint damage thanks to the military, so not all exercises are possible for me. I'm lost on what to do.

Can you do body weight exercises using bands or a TRX type set up. There are a lot of low impact moves using simple equipment such as balls that will help build up your lean mass and metabolism.

Don't give up or get discouraged! Its a matter of finding out what works for you. I have Grave's disease and no longer have a functioning thyroid. Even though I'm quite under control right now, I do fully understand the complexities of thyroid disease. Nutrition is really important

• modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    srcats88 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 46 and I'm up and down. I can't seem to get past a certain weight, I give up and gain back most of what I've lost. I just caught myself 7 lbs from my highest weight. It's getting demoralizing. I have a thyroid issue but it is well managed so I don't have any excuses. I just need some motivation. :( Feel free to add me. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.
    kouts wrote: »
    You can friend/add me

I just turned 46 a few weeks ago! 40 is the new 30!! Woot Woot! lol

• ccoyne13
    ccoyne13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to add friends too- I turned 40 last year and had hoped to be back at my goal weight before but it didn't happen. I think I only have three friends so far. Please add me!
  • bellkat31
    bellkat31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me I am just starting back 40 with 80-100 lbs to loose.
  • heatherkershaw8
    heatherkershaw8 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and need to lose 2 stone feel free to add me
  • chynaholmes
    chynaholmes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm in the over 40 club and looking to make some life long changes and support along the way! Totally new to my fitness, so not sure this will even post!lol I hope so! Looking to get and receive support on this journey to get off 40 pounds and get my groove back!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    jbwilson06 wrote: »
    How do I join the group?

I will send you an invite. Also you can go on groups and search Healthy Women over 40 Accountability group.
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Funny how much a tiny movement on a scale can motivate a person! I just hope I can keep up these new habits. I feel as though I've broken my "sugar" habit, though I still have a little bit every now and then. Last night DH really wanted Rita's and while the good choice would have been sugar-free italian ice, I am a lover of soft serve so I was going to have custard. I took time to savor every last bite...but it also meant my fasting time would be shifted since I ate later than usual. Anyway the scale was kind to be again this morning, but since I'm trying to stick to Wednesday morning weigh-ins, I'll wait and see if this loss was a good one.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    dmcatlady wrote: »
    Funny how much a tiny movement on a scale can motivate a person! I just hope I can keep up these new habits. I feel as though I've broken my "sugar" habit, though I still have a little bit every now and then. Last night DH really wanted Rita's and while the good choice would have been sugar-free italian ice, I am a lover of soft serve so I was going to have custard. I took time to savor every last bite...but it also meant my fasting time would be shifted since I ate later than usual. Anyway the scale was kind to be again this morning, but since I'm trying to stick to Wednesday morning weigh-ins, I'll wait and see if this loss was a good one.

You are doing great!! Glad you enjoyed your soft served!!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    jbwilson06 wrote: »
    How do I join the group?

I will send you an invite. Also you can go on groups and search Healthy Women over 40 Accountability group.
    I've searched and can't find any group by that name, or with you as group leader. Why isn't it coming up?
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I apologize. I will try and post the link later. Have no idea why it does not show up.
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've searched and can't find any group by that name, or with you as group leader. Why isn't it coming up?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113716-healthy-women-over-40-support-accountability-group

• Lascaux
    Lascaux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41. I'm finding it very difficult to lose some weight. I need an accountability buddy.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 44 too with a long way to go. Good luck and add me if you like :)