Name your favorite 200 calorie dinner- HELP!

Options
124»

Replies

• Cyriatan
    Cyriatan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't consider 200 calories to be that little. Anyhow, when I need low-calorie, filling, cheap = EGG WHITES. You can make them in the microwave NO OIL, add spices, maybe mix some garlic powder, chili, I don't know whatever you like...and low-calorie vegetables you can add broccoli, mushrooms, etc. You can eat a whole cup of egg whites and that makes 120-140kcal, and trust me one cup of egg whites is REALLY filling. Also you can use some spray and make yourself an omelette, you can even use some low-fat melting cheese slice and make yourself the biggest omelette with that one cup, with a little bit of oil and everything for under 200 kcal. If don't have any available a big salad is your answer, just stay in the field of low-calorie raw vegetables and stick to some mustard and vinegar for seasoning and such.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    a0akley wrote: »
    Sooooooo at the risk of throwing in a whole new conversation topic, I got home to husband "surpising me" with delicious homemade chicken cordon bleu (my fave) with potatoes and salad. Oops. He wasnt supposed to be home till later, that was part of the whole plan. Oh well. I couldnt NOT eat it. I ate half of one chicken cord, most of the salad and a few bites of potato and I guess I will just hope for the best. Well-meaning family members can reek havok on your diet!
    That being said, I just finished my last day at a very stressful job that I HATE (not to mention is sedentary at a desk) and so that is what the celebrating is for. Very sweet of him really. Tomorrow I am being taken out by coworkers and was trying to save up for that.
    This is hard people! There is always some reason to start over tomorrow so to speak. Thanks for all the tips and for listening. Maybe I should just skip the scale for a week and enjoy this time of transition?! I think the new job will bring much joy (caring for pregnant ladies, my passion!) and maybe I will be less stressed and all of this will be easier.

Life happens, and it's going to keep happening. The absolute best tool you can have for weight loss? Patience. If you can be content with slow weight loss, it makes it so much easier to keep going when wrenches get thrown into your plan.

I'm glad you're celebrating instead of stressing out about the food! There will be a lull when you get settled in where you can be consistent with your deficit, and added activity at your new job will help more than you can imagine. Good luck!

• stretchingreality
    stretchingreality Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You really don't want to get pissed on 200 calories, if you don't black out you'll just get the munchies and pig out
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Tilapia or chicken breast
    Kale, broccoli, spinach, cabbage
    For a carb substitute use a small amount of cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles