May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    5/4 - 6.5mi progressive run. (7:18/mi). RPE: 7.5/10. Marathon in 3 days. Feeling excellent!!

5/1 - Rest.
    5/2 - 3.1mi (6:52/mi)
    5/3 - Rest
    5/4 - 6.5mi (7:18/mi)

May total: 9.6 / 185mi
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

I've seen a couple comments about butter today. Do people actually eat butter on bagels?

Hi, I'm Greg and I usually do butter on bagels. Strawberry cream cheese on rare occasions but that's a pretty big calorie hit...so not often. :)

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@stoshew71 from time to time I find good rolls in Walmart believe it or not. Great time this morning, who the heck finished ahead of you Speedy Gonzalez ? Congrats on the 2 AG and 5 OA

Will Barnwell won it all. Some dude from PM Apache won my AG. (guy in white shirt at the front of the starting line on the other side of Will).

Actually just found out that I did win my AG. The dude in white (Hagar) was in an age group higher than me.

@stoshew71 woohoo! Great pictures. I know Will Barnwell's name for some reason.

Fleet Feet racing team. He paced a few races in town. HTC member.

In fact him and Tim Pitt were my 3:30 pacers at RCM.

That explains it. I want to sign Skip up for the FF training program but the one that will best help her starts in August...just in time for Cross Country season. :-1:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Two weeks in a boot. I'm not feelin' that to be practical. It makes me uneven and pulls my hips into an uncomfortable position. *temper tantrum*

Doc thinks tendonitis or capsulitis (Google didn't say I had that- so I'm skeptical) I asked about the possibility of a stress fracture. He didn't think so with the location. And showed me the x-rays. The quality was very poor. All the tarsals were one "bone".

I want to run. Guess I'll have to discipline myself for 2 weeks. Two magical healing weeks.

Work okayed me working in a boot. :disappointed: then why do I have to wear steel toed boots :confounded:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear @Elise4270. Two weeks isn't too bad though considering how long you would have been down with a stress fracture. I hope you are healed completely at the end of the two weeks!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for May
    5/1 REST DAY
    5/2 6.2 miles - 6.2 << Taper and cutback week. 5K race Wednesday morning
    5/3 6.2 miles - 12.4
    5/4 4.4 miles - 16.8 << PEO-AVN 5K Fun Run (was only 2.9 miles; plus 1.5 w/u)
    5/4 3.1 miles - 19.9 << got some extra miles squeezed in

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Two weeks in a boot. I'm not feelin' that to be practical. It makes me uneven and pulls my hips into an uncomfortable position. *temper tantrum*

Simple solution...ask for a pair!

Elise I sure hope this heals quick and heals permanently!

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

@stoshew71 from time to time I find good rolls in Walmart believe it or not. Great time this morning, who the heck finished ahead of you Speedy Gonzalez ? Congrats on the 2 AG and 5 OA

Will Barnwell won it all. Some dude from PM Apache won my AG. (guy in white shirt at the front of the starting line on the other side of Will).

Actually just found out that I did win my AG. The dude in white (Hagar) was in an age group higher than me.

That explains it. I want to sign Skip up for the FF training program but the one that will best help her starts in August...just in time for Cross Country season. :-1:

What abour RunningLane?
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

5/1 - 2 mi
    5/4 - 2 mi

4 down 26 to go.

Rough run. Tried the 20 minutes nonstop again and struggled with a fast heart rate and breathing. Need 2 walk breaks again. I will do intervals Friday and try again Saturday or Sunday.

Planned races:
    6/11 Run and Ride 5k at Cedar Point
    Oct, Nov, and Dec 5 mile trail series
    Dec Santa Hussle Half Marathon

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    4.1 miles today. :smile: Did C25k week 5 day 2 and then some.

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    9/11 Brookfield Zoo RunRun 5k
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May Goal: Run just a scootch more than last month...

5/1 deep mucking of the chicken coop and environs
    5/2 4.0
    5/3 life day
    5/4 7.54

Total 11.54

Upcoming races:
    6/26 SHEPower Virtual 1/2 marathon
    11/13 Las Vegas Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:
    exercise.png

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1.2/5 6k
    2.4/5 6k

running thought (essentially a weird stream of consciousness)
    There are a lot of people out and about tonight, wonder if I look like a proper jogger yet? Ooh there is someone doing hill sets.... don't wave at them. Man , I don't look like a jogger, more like a nutcase. I wonder if I should run up hills more? No, I hate hills, but then why did we move here, it's all hills.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

What abour RunningLane?

That's my next choice.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    5/01: 6 miles, easy
    5/02: 6 miles, easy
    5/03: Off, rest day + strength training
    5/04: 5 miles, easy
    Total: 17 miles

An easy, lazy 5 miles this evening. It’s still pretty cold out but at least all the blooming trees make it still feel like spring! And it means less company on the running trail; I didn’t see a single other runner and only about 5 bikers so it was really nice!

exercise.png

Races I'm registered for:
    05/22 - Chicago Spring 13.1
    05/28 - Soldier Field Run (10 miles)
    07/21 - Esprit de She 5K
    09/10 - Magnificent Mile Half Marathon
    09/25 - Chicago Lifetime 5K
    10/09 - Chicago Marathon
    10/30 - Hot Chocolate 5K
    11/27 - Space Coast Half Marathon
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 26.2 miles (26.5 according to Garmin!)
    5/2: Marathon recovery day
    5/3: More marathon recovery
    5/4: 3.5 miles with Pacers Wed squad

I decided in the morning not to run. But then this afternoon, I decided it would be some good stress relief as the last couple days have had me pulling my hair out about thesis deadlines/decisions/etc. I ran down to the tow path, met up with the Pacers Wednesday night group, ran 2 chatty miles with them, and then ran home. My quads still haven't quite forgiven me for Sunday yet, but they felt much better after the run than they did before! And it did a lot for my mental state to get into a good rhythm and get my legs moving.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    5/15: Princeton 5k << social event, not racing!
    6/11: Pacers Princeton Halfway Half (Princeton, NJ)
    7/4: a fourth of july race somewhere!
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - Well... like @WhatMeRunning said two weeks isn't as long as a stress fracture would be. Sorry still though.
    @username301 - lol, the mind does wander. :wink:
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 sorry to hear that. What about trying some sort of yoga or Pilates for the next 2 weeks?
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    May 03      4.2T     4.2  
    May 04      4.2T     8.4 

exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - I spent 3 weeks in a boot in 2014. I got so tired of people asking me what happened that I started telling them, "I parked in the wrong place, and they put a boot on me." By the time I could run again, I was delighted even to be able to do walk/run intervals.

My condolences for your situation. It won't last forever, it will only feel like it's lasting forever.