May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is 155 miles! Was originally planning for more like 180 but with taking time off for my knee pain and tapering for my May 22nd HM, 155 seems more reasonable haha

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    My first challenge!

I'm doing C25k right now, so I'm still run-walking. I generally put in 3-5 miles a day. So let's make the goal for May... hmm... how about 75 miles. Yeah, we'll go with 75 to start.

That's a great goal! I didn't start out that high, but I found that for my first 2 months (this month and last month) I was way over my goal at the end.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 175mi
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Compared to last year, it is *kitten* gangbusters as all *kitten*!
    I guess I understand the reasoning for MFP to change ... adult words ... for non-objectionable ones. But everything becomes *kitten* ?? Srsly?
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I threw out a nominal goal of 200 for April, and will fall more than 30 miles short. That's okay, because recovery from Boston and Flower City is more important than the April mileage goal.

The theme for May will be to finish recovery from Boston, return to base mileage, and see what shape I'm in to start training for the Rochester Marathon in September. The structured program to train for Rochester ought to start on May 29.

I have no idea what kind of total mileage to expect in May, but the first week will start out low based on where I am right now. I'd hope to be up close to 50 miles a week by the end of May. So let's just take a guess and put 150 miles out as the nominal goal for May. Maybe I shoot past it, maybe I fall short of it; but it's an estimate. I don't think I'll get to 200 miles in May, though if things go well I should be over 200 in June.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 with a stretch goal of 120. I have quite a bit of traveling including being in Dallas for work the entire 1st week of the month... Treadmill running here I come... ugh!
  • Anabbee
    Anabbee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm just a beginner runner, will be week 7 of a couch to 10k next week. My goal is 50k. hE bit of a random number haha)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    May goal: 150 km / 93 miles

(April's goal was 100 km, and I did 142.)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @karllundy & @MNLittleFinn You both are silly. But I'm glad that my miles goal can be a benchmark :p
    @WhatMeRunning 200 is so many!! Was I really running that much and more a month ago? It seems a lifetime ago, lol.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @plantobefit @Bellini500 @sarochka85 @Anabbee - There is no mileage here that is too low or embarrassing. We all started from the same "zero". Anything over that number is a win. :smile: I think my first month participating here was while training for my first half marathon and I was down for 40 miles that month. I'm not even sure I hit that goal either. But I kept going.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @plantobefit @Bellini500 @sarochka85 @Anabbee - There is no mileage here that is too low or embarrassing. We all started from the same "zero". Anything over that number is a win. :smile: I think my first month participating here was while training for my first half marathon and I was down for 40 miles that month. I'm not even sure I hit that goal either. But I kept going.
    +1 Totally agree with this
    @karllundy & @MNLittleFinn You both are silly. But I'm glad that my miles goal can be a benchmark :p
    @WhatMeRunning 200 is so many!! Was I really running that much and more a month ago? It seems a lifetime ago, lol.
    You're mileage is just normally so out of my reach that I had to have a little fun with the fact that you have more "reasonable" mileage this month.
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Didn't even come close to my April goal due to craziness. So I'm going for 60km again to see if I can make it!!
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Dear people embarrassed about their "low" goals - I joined last month with a goal of 10km, lol. I made it to 13km, so I'm back and setting myself the super ambitious goal of 25km! :tongue: I'm in the planning stages of my MA thesis and I'm going to need ways to relax and get away from my desk, plus there's a mini-race in my city in mid-June and I'd love to take part.

I never seem to find the time to hang out on here though. :/ Let's see if that changes when I'm dying for some distraction from my thesis. :wink:

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    Options
    sarochka85 wrote: »
    Embarrassingly low goal, here: 25k.
    Nothing and no number is embarrassing here. We love all our fellow runners!
  • 9voice9
    Options
    Just happened to notice that the first day of the month is my scheduled rest day. Hate it when I am already behind on the first day I hit the pavement! :smiley:

OTOH - there's an extra day this month, so the daily goal is down to 4.35 miles, so bonus!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options

This. Exactly. And good on you for your 200 mile month!

I have a week off (at least) mid-month, a busy month of school activities for the kiddos, and a trip for my nephew's graduation (but back to the Perkiomen trail, hooray!) so I'm going to stick with my conservative 50 miles and hope for more!

exercise.png