May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    pthyay wrote: »
    Dear people embarrassed about their "low" goals - I joined last month with a goal of 10km, lol. I made it to 13km, so I'm back and setting myself the super ambitious goal of 25km! :tongue: I'm in the planning stages of my MA thesis and I'm going to need ways to relax and get away from my desk, plus there's a mini-race in my city in mid-June and I'd love to take part.

I never seem to find the time to hang out on here though. :/ Let's see if that changes when I'm dying for some distraction from my thesis. :wink:

I am just finishing my MA thesis, and this forum is a LOVELY source of distraction and procrastination! Highly recommend! :)
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My training plan calls for appx 94 miles this month. It's also the last month of school - I'm not sure if that will make me run more to de-stress, or run less because of time constraints. I'm going to say that my official goal will be to follow my training plan and hit 94 miles (though I'm tempted to shoot for 100, just to see if I can do it!).
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for 60 miles in May.
    exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @EPmomdoc All are welcome!! We're happy to have you :) Where in the Midwest are you from? I'm from Iowa though living now in New Jersey, but there are quite a few Midwest folk around on here!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 70 miles this month and if I don't meet it, I'd like you all to hunt me down and drag my backside out of the house to make up for missed miles. I'm so off the bandwagon so I need back on!!

Well....any excuse for another trip to England....
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Missed my April 140km goal by 16km, which equals 1 or 2 runs so will stay with my 140km goal and stretch would be 160km. Welcome to all the new runners, doesn't matter if it is 10km or 200km you will get lots of positive encouragement and feedback from the gang. Remember some of us have a warped-twisted sense of humour.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May, and beginning with a rest day :/

If I have a perfect month, I could hit 290 km, but a 270 km goal gives me a little leeway for life... however, I did hit 279.9 km in April, so I think I will split the difference and set my goal at 280 km / 174 miles, to make sure May is a little bigger than April. When I think about it, May should be my biggest month, because I will be tapering 2-3 weeks in June for my marathon on July 3. As long as it doesn't get too cold this month, I think I will be ok. I am already getting up at 4:15 am to fit in runs before work, and if it is cold, I will be whiny and cranky.

@WhatMeRunning - Good luck with your 200 mile goal!

Welcome to everyone who has joined the thread this month, whether your goal is big or small!
    @plantobefit @Bellini500 @sarochka85 @Anabbee - There is no mileage here that is too low or embarrassing. We all started from the same "zero". Anything over that number is a win.

What he said ^^^^ :)

exercise.png
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options

exercise.png

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100, lots of stuff going on this month, family coming town, the significant other coming home for a week for his daughter's graduation, some vacation thrown in, but I'm going to do my bestest! Then again with no track I'll have all kinds of free time LOL
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Only got 35.1 of my 60 mile April goal due to aches and pain. Lowering May goal to 45 and starting with TWO rest days :blush:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies - @plantobefit @Bellini500 @sarochka85 @Anabbee
    Welcome back to old friends - @ACSL3 and @PoppetsMaster
    Good luck @kristinegift be awesome in your marathon!

Like others I am starting the month off with a rest day but we are heading to the dog beach in the morning so there may just be a short beach run with the pup... it's still recovery - right??
  • Eileen_05
    Eileen_05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My first challenge! Setting a goal of 75 miles for May.