May 10,000 steps a day challenge

Kimmertmsn
Kimmertmsn Posts: 40 Member
Anyone up for a 10,000 steps a day challenge? I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the day, so this would be a great challenge for me. So for the entire month of May I am going to attempt to get in at least 10,000'steps per day every day. Anyone that would like to join is more than welcome.

Replies

• babyblue13077
    babyblue13077 Posts: 3 Member
    My fitbit broke and I need to get a new one! I will go today and add me!
  • lelaland
    lelaland Posts: 14 Member
    please add me lelaland@bellsouth.net
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    I'm in. I've been trying to do this but some days not doing so good. I hope by joining you in the challenge I will make myself do it every day. It'll make me more accountable.
  • burdittd
    burdittd Posts: 3 Member
    I'd love to join!
  • Kimmertmsn
    ssra6bj5oi3m.png

It's May 1st!!! April showers bring May flowers, well I have May Showers here!! Hoping it will clear up so I can get a walk in today.

I am looking forward to our 10,000 step challenge. If you don't get 10,000 steps in a day in, don't beat yourself up, try harder the next day. Try to think of creative ways to get steps in for example, I bought a pedaler to put under my desk at work or I pace in my office sometimes. If you have creative ideas, please share with the rest of us. One of my biggest issues is, I forget to put my step counter on in the morning right away or I take it off when I get home from work.

Rules: Don't be judgmental of others, encourage each other and think positive!!!
    You can post your steps daily or weekly if you like. And don't hesitate to share your stories of how you met your goal or what went awry that day :)

Good Luck everyone!!!
    We can do it!

Kim
  • spiffytiff17
    spiffytiff17 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm in! Please add me :)
  • sofasnail2012
    sofasnail2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Let's Do This :-)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I could totally try this!! :)
  • LovelysocialLife34
    LovelysocialLife34 Posts: 2 Member
    Add me
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Today I've done 31,727. Not the end of the day yet but don't expect it to increase much more.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Today I've done 31,727. Not the end of the day yet but don't expect it to increase much more.

Wow! That's great! I'll be lucky if I hit 10,000. I need to find more active activities I think ;)
  • mrs_yacoub
    mrs_yacoub Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    I am in
  • Kimmertmsn
    Hey everyone! I'm posting early as I will not be online later. I managed to get 13,046 steps in today. This is huge for me!! I'm very excited. My daily average is usually about 5,000. It was raining this morning when I wanted to go for a walk, so I ended up using a walking video on YouTube, turned the volume down, turned on my own music and walked their routine. It worked out great. It did finally stop raining so I ended up going for a walk with a friend also. So it turned out to be a great day. Tomorrow will be the true challenge for me though, back to work and the dreaded desk :s I hope everyone had a great day. Can't wait to see how everyone did.
    Kim
  • gammertv
    gammertv Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!
  • DonnaMcCain
    DonnaMcCain Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. I too work in an office all day. So ready for this!!
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    I am in
  • pop217
    pop217 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. I also work in an office so I am trying to be more active since my job is a lot of sitting around
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    Hit 11400 today without workout in gym. Worked in yard. And cleaned house
  • eliriun87
    eliriun87 Posts: 1 Member
    I am in! I am in the same boat, office work and though I manage to get some walking in its not what I'd like. I have been doing this but not everyday. I'm excited to join you all. Feel free to add me.