May 10,000 steps a day challenge

Options

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Kimmertmsn wrote: »
    Still fighting this virus.

Hope you get well soon. Just rest and get your step count up when you are feeling better.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    May 11th

21,869 steps
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oops missed yesterday by a few hundred steps. Just did not get to gym. Watched. Movie. Did not step
  • Kimmertmsn
    Kimmertmsn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Actually got a walk in today! Still have cold, but the sun was shining for a change so I powered through it, lol.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    I did a lot more walking today, although I was told I should be resting more than I am. Therefore I'll walk a little less tomorrow.

1289mrgvf22h.png
  • Wysewoman53
    Options
    May 12th

18,039 steps
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    May 12
    Slowly getting over this cold!! Yay!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    May 12
    Slowly getting over this cold!! Yay!!

Great that you are feeling better and your step count increase shows it. :)
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    m17d0tdvoavg.png
  • Wysewoman53
    Options
    May 13th

14,802 steps

It was our anniversary yesterday so didn't go for my usual walk after dinner because it was too late by the time we got home from a night out. It was worth it tho'. Had a great time.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Update from me for last 8 days.

Sun - rest day
    Mon - 15,997 steps
    Tues - 11,067 steps
    Wed - 19,575 steps
    Thurs - rest day
    Fri - 10,447 steps
    Sat - 40,332 steps
    Sun - 22,920 steps

May need to rest tomorrow as after this weekend I now have 4 blisters on my toes..... ouch.
  • Wysewoman53
    Options
    May 14th

12,059 steps

May 15th (rest day)

8,970 steps

• Wysewoman53
    Options
    Update from me for last 8 days.

Sun - rest day
    Mon - 15,997 steps
    Tues - 11,067 steps
    Wed - 19,575 steps
    Thurs - rest day
    Fri - 10,447 steps
    Sat - 40,332 steps
    Sun - 22,920 steps

May need to rest tomorrow as after this weekend I now have 4 blisters on my toes..... ouch.

@Healthy4me4ever Blisters are not fun! I use something by PRoFoot called Vita-Gel Corn Wraps. As the name suggests, they are for corns on your toes but work for blisters as well if your blisters are on or between your toes. I get them at my local drugstore...RiteAid. Another product I have used in the past for blisters elsewhere on my feet is called New-Skin Liquid Bandage. You just paint it on the blister like nail polish, let it dry and then wear a heavier pair of socks. You can re-"paint" your blisters as often as you need until healed. Warning, however, the stuff stings like crazy if you have an open blister until it dries but it does work.

Good luck to you!
  • deonnabanks57
    deonnabanks57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone up for a 10,000 steps a day challenge? I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the day, so this would be a great challenge for me. So for the entire month of May I am going to attempt to get in at least 10,000'steps per day every day. Anyone that would like to join is more than welcome.

I'm not sure how to do this but if you would please add me I'd love to join deonnabanks57@gmail.com
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options

I'm not sure how to do this but if you would please add me I'd love to join deonnabanks57@gmail.com [/quote]

No need to do anything. Just post daily or weekly your steps with 10,000 steps daily as your goal. You are welcome to join us.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    Just made over 10,000 steps yesterday. I'm wondering how accurate my step counter is though. I push mowed my lawn (1/2 acre) and it didn't seem to count a lot of steps.
  • Wysewoman53
    Options
    Just made over 10,000 steps yesterday. I'm wondering how accurate my step counter is though. I push mowed my lawn (1/2 acre) and it didn't seem to count a lot of steps.

Something I noticed, also, when I first started mowing my lawn this Spring. Go out and mow the lawn, I said, don't use the riding lawn mower, I said, I will get a gazillion steps in today, I said...and then I didn't. When I first got my Garmin, my daughter, who had a FitBit, told me that when I walk to make sure I move my arms at the same time. It made a big difference. No, I can't sit on the couch and just move my arm and make my tracker count steps but there is something about the motion of walking and moving one's arms at the same time that adds up the steps on the counter. I noticed, too, that when I would check my steps before going into a grocery store and look at them after I got back to my car, I didn't have as many steps as I figured I should after walking all over the entire store. Anytime you are using your arms to push something like a lawn mower or a grocery cart, you are not going to get a 100% accurate count. So...all of that being said, sometimes, the trackers aren't as precise as we would like but you are getting exercise and burning calories at the same even if the steps aren't on there...always a good thing!

Btw, mowing a 1/2 acre with a push mower is a great accomplishment...Great job!

• Wysewoman53
    Options
    May 16th

17.673 steps
  • deonnabanks57
    deonnabanks57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's not quite 2 o'clock and I've already surpassed my 10,000 steps for the day