28 Day Squat Challenge

Options
nicholehayes5120
nicholehayes5120 Posts: 15 Member
I'm starting this today whose with me?
Counterbalance Box Squat:
*Feet shoulder width apart, keep chest up and arms straight out in front of you.
*Sit back and down onto a surface such as chair or stool, Let your butt touch surface but do not sit down.
* As you descend make sure your knees are tracking over your toes.
* Return to your starting position by pushing through your heels and squeezing your glutes.

Prisoner Box Squat:
* Keep tips from above place your hands behind your head.
* Through this course of the week to keep lowering the surface until your thighs are parallel ( or lower) to the ground.

Counterbalance Air Squats:
* Remove the chair or Stool
* Put your arms out in front of you
* Squat down as before, squat parallel or lower.
* The deeper you squat the more muscles you activate.
* Remember keep torso as upright as possible by keeping your chest up.

Prisoner Air Squats:
* Put your hands behind your head once again continue squatting
* Chest up, feet shoulder width apart, knees tracking over toes, sit back, and push through with your heels.
* By the end of the month you should be able to do a basic bodyweight squat with great form.

Counterbalance box squat( Day1- Day7)
Day 1 - 20 Reps
Day 2 - 30 Reps
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - 20 Reps
Day 5 - 30 Reps
Day 6 - 40 Reps
Day 7 - Rest
Prisoner Box Squat ( Days8- Day14)
Day 8 - 30 Reps
Day 9 - 40 Reps
Day 10 - Rest
Day 11- 30 Reps
Day 12 - 45 Reps
Day 13 - 50 Reps
Day 14 - Rest
Counterbalance Air Squatting ( Day15-Day21)
Day 15 - 20 Reps
Day 16 - 30 Reps
Day 17 - Rest
Day 18 - 20 Reps
Day 19 - 30 Reps
Day 20 - 40 Reps
Day 21 - Rest
Prisoner Air Squat ( Day 22- Day 28)
Day 22- 30 Reps
Day 23- 40 Reps
Day 24- Rest
Day 25- 30 Reps
Day 26- 40 Reps
Day 27- 50 Reps
Day 28- Rest

Lets do it TOGETHER!

Replies

• DarnaDarnit
    DarnaDarnit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! Did it last year - had such good results! Let's do this!!
  • TracyB_73
    TracyB_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will do it too!! xx
  • nicholehayes5120
    nicholehayes5120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So my legs felt it this morning.. I'm so glad .. Bring the burn in the 3rd day(: hows everyone else feeling?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am on Day 17... This is my 2nd Squat Challenge...I think (hope) it's helping..
  • vaishnavipeddu911
    vaishnavipeddu911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I am on Day 17... This is my 2nd Squat Challenge...I think (hope) it's helping..

Only 2lb weight loss in 3 months. Very discouraged
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Strength training for muscle retention. Diet for weight loss.
  • arniedog74
    Options

I am counting calories... Not necessarily watching what I eat, just watching portions..I guess I just need to stay off the scale. That's what kills me. And makes me want to give up.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options

I am counting calories... Not necessarily watching what I eat, just watching portions..I guess I just need to stay off the scale. That's what kills me. And makes me want to give up.

If you're targeting a loss of 1 pound a week that loss will easily get buried in daily water weight fluctuations, unless you are looking at a trend over the course of several weeks. Agree it's best to not weigh every day, but just make sure you are weighing your food (particularly the first few months). It's very easy to underestimate calories by eyeballing things.

• arniedog74
    Options

If you're targeting a loss of 1 pound a week that loss will easily get buried in daily water weight fluctuations, unless you are looking at a trend over the course of several weeks. Agree it's best to not weigh every day, but just make sure you are weighing your food (particularly the first few months). It's very easy to underestimate calories by eyeballing things.

Thanks. I am only weighing once a week. And, I honestly first stepped on the scale just about 4 weeks ago. The 2nd week is when I noticed the 2lb loss. Nothing since then. I am in the middle of my 2nd Squat Challenge and have been walking a lot more over the last month or so. I feel my jeans fit slightly better. But, not enough for me to say what I'm doing is truly working.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options

Thanks. I am only weighing once a week. And, I honestly first stepped on the scale just about 4 weeks ago. The 2nd week is when I noticed the 2lb loss. Nothing since then. I am in the middle of my 2nd Squat Challenge and have been walking a lot more over the last month or so. I feel my jeans fit slightly better. But, not enough for me to say what I'm doing is truly working.

It's working. We are high jacking this thread so I'm happy to discuss it further elsewhere, but be patient. Slow and steady wins this race.
  • arniedog74
    Options

It's working. We are high jacking this thread so I'm happy to discuss it further elsewhere, but be patient. Slow and steady wins this race.

Thank you! Patience has never been my strong suit when it comes to weight loss... Lol
  • Snowhite61
    Snowhite61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was waiting for May's squat challenge.
  • nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting late but it looks like this actually works! :)
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • looneymama
    looneymama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im in add me.
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I'm on day 2. I started yesterday and found this group today. Awesome!!!
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    30 Counterbalance Box Squats completed.