Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Guess what .....
    It's raining. *sigh* :'(

Marcelyn in Houston
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Becca, Katla I am sending lots of <3 and an o:) to perch on your shoulder to relieve the burden a bit.
    Karen I hope you get to spend time with your mother. Like Heather, I did not have the best relationship with mine, but I was able to spend time with her when she had her last illness. She was in a coma from heart failure but woke up ( we did not know it was to be the last day, they were talking about sending her to nursing home for recovery, but she died while I was on a plane back home) and at least I felt she knew I cared enough to come cross country for the time she was in ICU.

Heather How will you know if your toes are cold if the nails are painted blue???? If your DH won't go to the Antarctic, sign me up. I also want to go to the Galapagos Islands. I bet you have counted the minutes until you leave.

I have been really tired and unmotivated to exercise for the last two days. I have had no energy. On Sunday, I woke up to very bad bruising on my arms - they look like the scary photos of drug addicts. Even though they hurt like crazy, I had to finish the patio before the rain. Today, I called the physical therapist and asked if the stim treatment and PT on Friday could have done this but she had never heard of this. I talked to the rheumatologist and he said nothing in my tests or medication should cause this. I have not talked to the PC yet. I wondered if it could have been the exercise I got brick laying? I used just over 2,000 bricks and since a standard brick weighs between 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds per brick, I figure that I moved around 10,000 pounds over 4 days. However, some of you ladies lift a lot more than that in much bigger loads in just a few days. So that can't be it. Larissa, Pip or Barbie You are the weightlifting experts. Did this ever happen to you?

I will force myself to get up early and moving tomorrow. I don't like feeling like a slug. If I don't, you bet "giraffe" that I will get a kick in the head from several of you.

CJ
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: (((Hugs.))) It will all be worth it when they get to the bottom of things and fix the problems. :heart:
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi there, ladies. HELP! I've been gone for a good while. I haven't been here on the site in over a month and it that time I've gained 12 lbs! I feel so awful. I do care....a lot, but during my eating it's like I don't want to get started on the hard work of good health again. I know. It makes no sense because it will be a whole lot harder for me if I gain back all the weight I've lost. Well, thanks for listening.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    CJ ~ I can certainly see why you are so bruised up moving all those bricks. I hurt for you!
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

Thank you, but this is the last day in August. :smiley:
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
  • Slja2013
    Slja2013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies. My first time posting here but not my first time reading here. Seems like a great group and I look forward to getting to know you.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Slja:

A new thread is started every month. Please come and join us at community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10451615/women-ages-50-for-september-2016#latest

Carey
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds... and ready to lose more. I have a vacation the end of July so I really would like to take off another 10 by then. My daughter and her boyfriend have started a diet too, so it will be easier. I will check in. I love to hear about low carb recipes. I love the healthy food, I just don't take the time to make it! Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    tuliplor - See the link posted by Carey; click on it and it will bring you to June; then once you get there make sure you click on the outline of the star at the upper left-hand corner and it will 'bookmark' it for you so that the next time you open up, you'll be in the current month. Barbie posts a link on the last day of the month so you can click on it and get current. Each month you will have to bookmark the page.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,957 Member
    Options
    tuliplor wrote: »
    I've lost 5 pounds... and ready to lose more. I have a vacation the end of July so I really would like to take off another 10 by then. My daughter and her boyfriend have started a diet too, so it will be easier. I will check in. I love to hear about low carb recipes. I love the healthy food, I just don't take the time to make it! Hope everyone has a great day!!

As mentioned, there is a new thread for each month.

The link in the post above yours will take you to June 2016.

This link will take you to the current thread - June 2017. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10561704/women-ages-50-for-june-2017#latest