soooo I have 820 mfp friends and a lot of positivity and support to share and receive! :)

124»

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    @celadontea I would also like to hike a mountain but I can't decide what to yodel...I'm up to 30-40 mins of walking right now!!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    I have 50lbs to lose now :)
  • emilyswilfong
    emilyswilfong Posts: 12 Member
    I think my biggest hurdle is portion control! I'm a new mom and breastfeeding makes me SO hungry! All I want to do is eat. I started the C25K program and that's really helping to keep me moving.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    @emilyswilfong for sure!! I have other mfps who log breastfeeding bc it burns calories too!! Add me if you'd like :)
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    I love new friends! Add me :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Thx for your posts! Added!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Hi just checking in :)
    Id like to let mfps know that my calorie burns are 300-400 max these days would like to increase that! But..something is better than nothing :) Also I eat 1550 cals and would be Hangry at anything below that :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    there's no way to keep up with what's happening with 810 people, so while you may be getting lots of support, i don't see how you can be giving it. do you really post encouragement whenever any of those 810 people loses (or gains) weight, whenever they do a personal best workout or come in under their calorie goals? of course not, as that would be impossible.

i keep my number of friends to 20 or less, and try and make them people i have stuff in common with - several of my MFP friends are fellow musicians, for example.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Awesome for you :) I do what I do, that's all I can say :) if it doesn't work for you that's fine! I think I'm fairly interactive but everyone has different standards of what support levels they want....you're right...I can't "like" everything!

Again, I want to say that I messed up on this thread! I am not a words smith clearly, lol, I didn't want people to feel "less than" bc they choose to have different kinds of encouragement or support. 0 mfp connections is fine, 5, 10, 20, etc! 200! I'm not knocking you at all :) for me I have more time at home right now and I like interacting with many :). I've also helped mfps find other mfps with similar goals and issues :)

I don't have any mfps who are musicians though :) but I'm a huge supporter of bands in my city :). Good luck with your fitness goals! Keep bassing it up :) my first guitar was an El Degas lol
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Well timed original witty comments are my fav :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    I may actually dress up as a "Like" for Halloween... Has that been done? I'm sure it has :) lol!
  • mauimarie
    mauimarie Posts: 14 Member
    Hi-
    I have few but quality friends. Just diving into mfp community for a few more active people who post.