Do you exercise everyday?

Options

Replies

• Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    7 days a week. If i don't lift weights everyday I start feeling very uncomfortable :/

People who say they don't have the time. It takes an hour of your time. There's at least 1 hour per day in everybody's life where they are doing absolutely nothing (sitting down watching tv etc), when they could be exercising. No excuses!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    At least once a day
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike 6 and yoga/stretching everyday, gym and swimming pool 3 x week
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Before I started my 2nd job I was going to the gym at least 6 days a week. Usually took a day on the weekend to clean house or relax in prep for the next week. Now, I do a walking paper route 7 days a week so...I guess you could say I work out daily!
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    i dont do "as much" on Sunday, but have been trying to incorporate one rest day....as your muscles need to rest/repair....if not, i was told that i would be increasing the chance of injuries....which no one wants of course! I have friends that work out...mon/tues, rest wed and then work out thurs/fri/sat and rest sun....But as another MFP participant mentioned, listen to your body!
    Good Luck
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I do everyday but probably once every 2 weeks or so, my body says enough and I have a day I do nothing. But otherwise yes, I do 45 minutes at lunch and 45 minutes after work and sometimes a half an hour in the evenings at well.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yes. The last day I didn't was in January when I had a terrible cold and I had no energy. When that happens I just figure I need rest. I've had a couple of transatlantic trips this year and even then managed to get in 5 miles of walking around airports on travel days when I couldn't get to a gym.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I rest on my days off from work, and I find that my weight loss speeds up when I'm not at it 7 days a week. Could just be me, though. Grain of salt and all.
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I must exercise my heart (cardio) daily and strength train my muscles minimum 5 days a week on a rotating muscle group basis. Having been overweight most of my life, I have no choice in the matter. My health depends on it. Besides, in the days before "modern conveniences" all people exercised physically every day.

-Debra
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Depends on your ability to recover.
    If you find yourself dreading your workouts or getting sick easy, dial it back.
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym about 4-5 days a week and if I just can't fit in into my schedule I do an hour fast paced walk. I try to get 6 days in one way or the other. Today I did the least amount than I have in weeks- I walked and hour and a half at the flee market. I don't feel too good about that being my only calorie burn so I'll probably walk the dog. BTW- I don't eat my exercise calories.
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    Every single day but change it up not the same workout; I do Zumba, Turbo Fire, Running, Brisk walking, Cycling and I keep track of anything else that can add my calorie count like gardening etc
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    3x every nine days. I work 12hour shifts and I'm just too tired so all of my exercising happens on my days off (I work 4 on, then have 5 off). I have a rest day between each workout to allow my body time to make it's adaptations. My progress in terms of lifting is slower but I can't help that - my schedule is what it is. When I had a normal 8 hour workday, it was a consistent 3x/week with at least a day inbetween to allow my body time to recover.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Define 'exercise'... it all depends on your intensity.

I do CrossFit M-F @ 5am and then Oly Lifting in the afternoons. I take weekends off completely. I earn them LOL.

But if you are doing light exercise (walking, low-intensity cardio, light lifting) then you'd be okay going 6-7 days.

However, HIIT and Heavy weight training demands rest days, usually a 3 ON 1 OFF split is the norm.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everyday without fail.:smile: My body doesn't care for "rest days." I workout for an hour everyday and the rest of the day is my rest. That's enough rest for me. :smile: It works for me, makes me feel great, I recover just fine and it hasn't hurt me or my progress in the least. But of course everyone is different so you just have to listen to YOUR body and learn what works for you and do that.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Do I use the elliptical machine every day? no.
    Do I feed and water livestock, drag hoses around, haul hay, work in the garden, do landscaping? yes.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I do strength training four days a week, and speed rope on the off days. I do lots of hiking.

When I am running a calorie deficit I wind up needing days off and I do less volume on the strength training, but when eating at a surplus, I do something 7 days a week.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I exercise everyday- 60 minutes of cardio daily
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    No. especially if it's a harder work out, you'll need a rest day.

As it is, I've a bum ankle and a 50 hr a week job so I'm lucky if I get a half hour in a week in about 3 or 4 different short stints. When I wasn't so busy and partially broken I was getting about 4 days a week, sometimes 5, and probably closer to 3 hours a week. Some people can exercise more than that, but everyone should take at least one rest day a week to let their body recover and to prevent injury.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No, I take at least one rest day, maybe even 2:)