why callories control, not fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi..it is very inspirative achievement. Congrats and keep healthy.
    Lenco007 wrote: »
    I am diabetic and for the longest time treated carbs as the enemy. In November my dietician helped me understand the role nutrients play in my diet and why it is more important to look at the overall picture rather than concentrating on just one component. Carbs, Fat, and Protein can be good or bad, depending upon the quality and quantity we consume. She also directed me to this site for am easy way to track my progress as well as testing my blood sugar twice a day to detect changes in how my body reacts to different foods.

As I result, I now eat a more balanced diet which, to date has resulted in a reduction in weight (49 pounds) and a more normal A1c level (from 13.3 down to 6.6). I still have a long way to go, but find everyone at MFP is there to support and help educate me.

It may sound too simple and silly, but for me this works. It is still a daily struggle (I love my cakes and cookies) but now I feel better prepared to deal with my occasional slip ups on diet.

• rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi..thanks for good advices and educating shares. Mfp tool really and its forum works..
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Lenco007 wrote: »
    I am diabetic and for the longest time treated carbs as the enemy. In November my dietician helped me understand the role nutrients play in my diet and why it is more important to look at the overall picture rather than concentrating on just one component. Carbs, Fat, and Protein can be good or bad, depending upon the quality and quantity we consume. She also directed me to this site for am easy way to track my progress as well as testing my blood sugar twice a day to detect changes in how my body reacts to different foods.

As I result, I now eat a more balanced diet which, to date has resulted in a reduction in weight (49 pounds) and a more normal A1c level (from 13.3 down to 6.6). I still have a long way to go, but find everyone at MFP is there to support and help educate me.

It may sound too simple and silly, but for me this works. It is still a daily struggle (I love my cakes and cookies) but now I feel better prepared to deal with my occasional slip ups on diet.

nope. sounds exactly like i would expect once someone decides to actually make a lifelong change and educate themselves about nutrition instead of following the never-ending "dieting" path.

This is exactly what's worked for me and countless others once we got to that "okay, no seriously, i'm going to change for good" stage.