Belly fat

Options
124»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Belly fat is a problem for me too. I lost it entirely for some years ago by getting down to a low %bf. I was also lifting weights and running and playing a lot of tennis. It's my guess that my fitness level was a factor even if just in posture. I'm 5'6' and it didn't disappear entirely until I was under 120lbs. I'm 144 currently (168 at my highest) and aiming for 135. In other words I'd rather live with a little belly fat than get down that low again (but I am 55 not 23).

Btw, thanks guys for the discussion of water. Absolutely it's about CICO, but as someone who hates having to rush off to the bathroom all the time, I had myself convinced that water had little to no impact on satiety/weight loss.
    I know it doesn't for me, I drink over 200oz of fluids a day and I still eat like a horse.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Belly fat is a problem for me too. I lost it entirely for some years ago by getting down to a low %bf. I was also lifting weights and running and playing a lot of tennis. It's my guess that my fitness level was a factor even if just in posture. I'm 5'6' and it didn't disappear entirely until I was under 120lbs. I'm 144 currently (168 at my highest) and aiming for 135. In other words I'd rather live with a little belly fat than get down that low again (but I am 55 not 23).

Btw, thanks guys for the discussion of water. Absolutely it's about CICO, but as someone who hates having to rush off to the bathroom all the time, I had myself convinced that water had little to no impact on satiety/weight loss.
    I know it doesn't for me, I drink over 200oz of fluids a day and I still eat like a horse.

Me, too.
    Also, I drank a lot of water even when I was obese. If water has any magical fat flushing out properties, it certainly didn't work on me. I had to eat in a deficit for weight loss to happen.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

As usual, I wasn't particularly clear in my response. I did not mean to imply that drinking more water than you require will speed up the weight loss process. I meant that I have a tendency to under drink, ( just 1c coffee, 2 or 3 c tea on non-exercise days), and bringing my water levels up may make this process easier.

I posted because I very much value the science based logic and discussion that went on in here but, to be perfectly frank, I was trying to lend some support to the poster that was shown to be wrong in his water views. In other words, he might not have had it exactly right but, imho, his post still had value.