Y am I not losing weight?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• pumpkinRIP02
    pumpkinRIP02 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    kiwiwizard wrote: »
    I recommend u purchase a metabolic scale to weigh yourself. U don't say if you've noticed any body changes with all the walking plus restricted caloric intake??? It's quite possible that you have been losing fat but gaining muscle. A regular scale is like looking thru a key hole and a metabolic scale that provides you with fat weight, lean muscle mass, water weight, etc is like opening the door wide and getting a much better view of what is going on with your body.

where can someone purchase a scale like this and do they hold high weights?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kiwiwizard wrote: »
    I recommend u purchase a metabolic scale to weigh yourself. U don't say if you've noticed any body changes with all the walking plus restricted caloric intake??? It's quite possible that you have been losing fat but gaining muscle. A regular scale is like looking thru a key hole and a metabolic scale that provides you with fat weight, lean muscle mass, water weight, etc is like opening the door wide and getting a much better view of what is going on with your body.

Keep in mind, along with what's been said repeatedly in this thread about how slow muscle gain is, that bio-impedance scales have a fairly large margin of error. The OP has only been stalled for two weeks. That hasn't been enough time to see a decent trend in either body weight or body fat percentage.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Nobody who has been dieting for two weeks needs a refeed day for their leptin levels unless they're already very lean and have been doing bulk/cut cycles. Now newcomers may read this thread and think they need refeed days every few weeks. Great.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Nobody who has been dieting for two weeks needs a refeed day for their leptin levels unless they're already very lean and have been doing bulk/cut cycles. Now newcomers may read this thread and think they need refeed days every few weeks. Great.

It also gives me the heebies because there's already so many things to learn and rethink when you're getting started that the things that aren't necessary (refeeds, metabolic scales, etc) just add to the bulk of information and make things confusing. :disappointed:
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    synacious wrote: »

It also gives me the heebies because there's already so many things to learn and rethink when you're getting started that the things that aren't necessary (refeeds, metabolic scales, etc) just add to the bulk of information and make things confusing. :disappointed:

Most of these things like refeeds, carb cycling, or water cutting don’t apply to the average dieter. They apply to serious athletes or physique competitors. While they are effective if done correctly, they're not necessary if your goal is to just lose weight.

It's like trying to kill a fly. You could use an atomic bomb, which while effective is completely unnecessary for the goal at hand. Or you could just use a fly swatter, which is just as effective and a lot less troublesome.
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    have no food scale? and can't get one in the near future?

make your regular food, and eat less of it.
    If that still doesn't work, eat even less of it.
    If that still doesn't work, then you still are eating too much.
    eat less food.

you can't really trust the basic numbers anyways as they differ from person to person. Just as BMI is not indicative of all bodies. People have different metabolisms.

Instead keep adjusting your diet until you see results on the weight and fat measuring. You have to find what is right for you, not what works for others.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    tenshi614 wrote: »
    Ok so my MFP is set for 1,200 calories and losing 2 lbs a week, it's been about 2 weeks for me and I havnt lost at all. I walk 5 miles or more a day and burn about average 516 or more calories from the walk. Then most of the time the extra remaining calories ur supposed 2 eat I usually leave 200 or 400 left. Cuz I'm just not hungry. So y have I not lost anything?

What do you have your days set as? How much do you need to lose? I have my settings at sedentary and wanting to lose .5 per week. .5 is more realistic for the week than 2 lbs. especially if you have less to lose.

Are you weighing and measuring your foods? That's very important.

Did you measure your body before you started out? It may be that you are losing inches and just don't realize it. I would trust how my clothing fits and go by that.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The calories plus what it says 2 eat from exercising, but I don't eat it all. I leave 200 to 400 left every time, sometimes more. I don't have a scale I use the bar codes and measuring spoons and stuff. I am 5ft 4 in Age 28

Are you logging your exercise properly? MFP is very liberal when estimating calories burned depending on the activities we enter on the exercise log. I never eat my exercise calories that I burn and on the rare occasions that I have eaten them it's 25% of them or less. I don't trust that I'm not overeating.