Why is being a stripper bad?

Options

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Look, if it's something you want to do then no outside opinion matters.

I knew someone who was a stripper (she preferred dancer). She was amazing, spent hours every day practicing on the pole. She was a true athlete and a graceful performer. No one could watch her perform and say she was a mere "stripper". It was beautiful to watch her. Unfortunately the dancing and performing part is a small part of the job. Lap dances and getting patrons to buy things were 90% of the job. She got out because she grew tired of the booze and drugs used frequently by the dancers she was always around, and the games she had to play with clientele to make more money. She walked off the job one day because she could not stand one more private dance with a guy wearing sweatpants and no underwear. She'd had enough. Your experience may or may not vary from hers. She teaches pole dancing classes to housewives now and while the money isn't as good, she's fine.

Ultimately your life and your decision. Like any decision, think about your goals and weigh the pros and cons. Just don't go into this thinking you're making your money from doing a beautiful pole dance and strip tease. It will make you some tips, but it's basically just marketing for the privates and working up the clientele. If you're still good with that, go for it.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with it. I've met many strippers. the majority of them from the age 20 to 35. it's a personal choice. they enter contest and could win big cash. the last time I was at a club a girl had her *kitten* pierced . that would have me wanting to know why. yes i'm pierced but there is no way i'd get that done. check it out on youtube it's real
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bottom line.

It,s not bad....
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    it sounds like your definition of 'stripper' is actually 'exotic dancer', as you don't think you will be taking off clothes...."stripping" ..
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's basically what people make of it in my opinion its a form of dancing.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

It actually makes really good money just not in the beginning bc most newbie strippers don't get as many tips [/quote]

"just the tip"

• bridalou
    bridalou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are lots of better ways to make money with cute clothes and dancing. Though nothing wrong with it.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

I see you're 18 years old. Would you have a problem telling your parents what you do for work? Any of your siblings? If you do, then it may not be for you.

Also, "wear really cute clothes"? Do strippers actually wear clothes?

Edit: You should probably just get a job at Hooters or Twin Peaks.

Yes my parents know I have also gotten permission from them to be a stripper for money for college I just have to be classy and yes classy ones do

I see an oxymoron in there somewhere....do your parents actually know what's involved in "stripping while keeping it classy??"
    Because "trashy strippers actually take off their clothes and are more along the lines of hooker but "classy strippers" tend to just dance and they work at clubs who have rules for guests to keep their hands to themselves.

You won't get big$ dancing on a stage, the couch dances are where the $ are. Do you think you'll feel good about doing that smelling the breath of a liquored up cigar smoker?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    So you want to be a stripper who doesn't strip. And you say Mom strippers are bad and gross. You're going to be REALLY popular at work.

Well obviously I'd strip just not down to nothing. I'd keep some things on

wtf

i want my money back
    Really CLASSY I'm not taking it all off. That's is what I consider degrading. ic5cvd88ttfv.jpeg
    Down to that level

Nobody paying for that level. Can see that on any public beach.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It isnt! Why would there be anything wrong with it? It makes good money and if you like doing it then go for it! Only judgmental *kitten* would say otherwise :)
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I find that paying off student loans is crazy sexy, hot. I knew this girl: and she was a great dancer, and she was totally ripped, and she got a student loan to pay for college, and now, she has like: a great job, where she is respected and she is surrounded by friends and family that respect her and her life choices. Just an option. It's not for everyone.

PS- she is salary and bonus eligible so, she purchases all the "cute clothes" you can possibly imagine, girl! Stay in school.
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I made money off my body too....playing football. Fun but injuries. As long as client's not allowed to touch you, its all good. Just work at a classy club (No side work ) Doorman adult clubs 15 years
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Drugs, alcohol, prostitution, organized crime, scum bags, STD's and all the things that go along with those things. Other than that...
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    granadan wrote: »
    Do it and enjoy it. Read the blog "surviving the club" for inspiration. https://survivetheclub.wordpress.com/category/most-popular/ I hear people say you narrow your choice of partners in future - yep, to non small minded ones. As for alcohol fuelled environments - been to any pubs lately? If you're a tough cookie with strong boundaries and an unshakeable sense of self respect, youll do fine.

I always wanted to date a dancer but was too shy to ask.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Did we ever get an answer and did the OP find her job of choice?
  • richiemarez
    richiemarez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    be careful what you ask for
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    it was bad for me...couldn't make a nickle.
  • dwatson925
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    So you want to be a stripper who doesn't strip. And you say Mom strippers are bad and gross. You're going to be REALLY popular at work.

Well obviously I'd strip just not down to nothing. I'd keep some things on

wtf

i want my money back
    Really CLASSY I'm not taking it all off. That's is what I consider degrading. ic5cvd88ttfv.jpeg
    Down to that level

Nobody paying for that level. Can see that on any public beach.

Very true. Some swimming suits cover less.
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Drugs, alcohol, prostitution, organized crime, scum bags, STD's and all the things that go along with those things. Other than that...

I think I have seen elements of that in every job I have had. One can choose to navigate around these typically.
    Rock on if this is your choice.
  • dwatson925
    Options
    Always wanted to date a dancer but was too shy too ask. Dancers probably get hit on all the time anyway.