Why is being a stripper bad?

Options

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I imagine it would be demoralizing.
    Been to a strip club 3 times in my life; and my main memory (aside from that 40 year old that looked amazing naked) is it was depressing. There was this one guy; typical slacked jaw yokel Letting go of dollar after dollar to have a dancer close to him. Once he was out, she was gone. A few tables over a couple of big weight lifters had 3 to 4 strippers with them, never saw them hand out money. Then there was the stripper that offered to service someone from my group for $300 (it was a bachelor party).
    You'll see the worse of humanity.

Yep. I think most people don't realize what truly goes on behind the scenes and what a lot of the women who strip will actually do to make even more money. The men who go there know they are willing to get naked to make some $$ so who says they won't have sex as well or start dating them and they pay them for that.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They all have rules. Enough money though ensures eyes are averted while rules are broken. I'd have to say most strip clubs are not run on the up and up

I agree. Those so-called "rules" are just to keep the laws intact for the type of place they are running. It doesn't mean the nasty stuff isn't happening. Plus in this day and age a crazy person can find a stripper much easier with the access of the internet and social media. And even a "classy" place is still the same as a low down, nasty strip club that's run badly. You can't put caviar on a turd and call it a classy meal. A turd is still a turd no matter what. :D:D IMHO, classy would be not stripping at all but it's just because I see no reason behind it except to be exploited and I'm worth more than that. I don't hate on anyone who does strip but there are jobs you can get like waitressing with very little clothing on (Hooters for instance) and make money as well.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So you want to be a stripper who doesn't strip. And you say Mom strippers are bad and gross. You're going to be REALLY popular at work.

Well obviously I'd strip just not down to nothing. I'd keep some things on

It Sounds more like you want to be a Burlesque Dancer...... Which is something totally different
  • avionicsman14
    avionicsman14 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Not a damn thing. I know a couple women that put themselves through university by stripping. I'll come watch ya!!
  • alleyneagle193
    alleyneagle193 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Okay just to clarify yes I want to be a pole dancer but where I'm from it's all considered the same thing I'm sorry for the mix up I'll watch technicalities next time
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Okay just to clarify yes I want to be a pole dancer but where I'm from it's all considered the same thing I'm sorry for the mix up I'll watch technicalities next time

Take some classes and build up your skill set. Being an athlete is hard work, you'll need endorsements, and it isn't like a steady job unless you become an instructor. Pole dancing is one of those things you have to be good at, before you can start doing it as a professional. It is a sport and you will train to compete.

Oh and here are some drawbacks:

http://shimmypolediary.blogspot.com/2012/05/pole-dancer-problems-support-is-here.html
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Dictionary.com
    stripper
    noun
    a person who strips.

strips
    verb
    to deprive of clothing; make bare or naked
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Just for clarity...

Pole dancer the athlete/artist (which apparently is a thing), or pole dancer the entertainer?
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There were some girls at the college I went to that got caught running a brothel out of their apartment on campus to pay for college.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    celadontea wrote: »
    Bad and Good are arbitrary.

Uhhhhh. Wrong! Tell it to the holocaust victims family.

Well, that sucks the air right out of the room.

Yes and to nazis they believed they were doing good. So tell me how my statement is incorrect?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    it needs locked.

I agree, to keep certain types of people out.

lmao. got a problem with me bro?
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ar·bi·trar·y
    ˈärbəˌtrerē/
    adjective
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
    "his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary"
    synonyms: capricious, whimsical, random, chance, unpredictable; More
    (of power or a ruling body) unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.
    "arbitrary rule by King and bishops has been made impossible"
    synonyms: autocratic, dictatorial, autarchic, undemocratic, despotic, tyrannical, authoritarian, high-handed; More
    MATHEMATICS
    (of a constant or other quantity) of unspecified value.
  • alleyneagle193
    alleyneagle193 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Just for clarity...

Pole dancer the athlete/artist (which apparently is a thing), or pole dancer the entertainer?

An entertainer which is why it's mistaken for a stripper
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Just for clarity...

Both require skill and a certain level of athleticism. One is for competition, and one needs to maintain a certain level of athletic skill to entertain an audience with a sense of amazement/awe.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Just for clarity...

Are there any clubs in Bosqueville, TX that have this type of entertainment?

Pole or no pole, all the clubs I am aware of in my city there is some form of clothing removal
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    it needs locked.

I agree, to keep certain types of people out.

lmao. got a problem with me bro?

Oh, no. I love all people who advocate for silencing those who don't agree with them....especially the ones who use the word, "bro".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ugly dirty world out there. longer you live in it, the dirtier you get.

gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills in the meantime. strippings legal at least. long as you don't end up snorting coke off the top of the toilet roll holder in the back of the bathroom you'll prob be okay.

lovely here come the judgey comments about doing coke off the top of the toilet roll holder smh

ncQKPMN.gif

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

And, TOMK, why you no have sense of humor?