Why is being a stripper bad?

Options

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    ugly dirty world out there. longer you live in it, the dirtier you get.

gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills in the meantime. strippings legal at least. long as you don't end up snorting coke off the top of the toilet roll holder in the back of the bathroom you'll prob be okay.

lovely here come the judgey comments about doing coke off the top of the toilet roll holder smh

ncQKPMN.gif

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

And, TOMK, why you no have sense of humor?

uhmmm have we met? :)
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Yes - Income from classy PG-13 stripping is *definitely* going to come in handy as a supplement to those MIT scholarships.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    rml_16 wrote: »
    ugly dirty world out there. longer you live in it, the dirtier you get.

gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills in the meantime. strippings legal at least. long as you don't end up snorting coke off the top of the toilet roll holder in the back of the bathroom you'll prob be okay.

lovely here come the judgey comments about doing coke off the top of the toilet roll holder smh

ncQKPMN.gif

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

And, TOMK, why you no have sense of humor?

uhmmm have we met? :)

Yes, in this thread.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And not all strippers are great pole dancers - you can make just as much gliding around the stage looking hot as you can doing impressive moves on the pole. Plus, pole dancing can result in unsightly bruises and brush burns - not great for the appearance when you work mostly naked and the pole is shared so if you're a germ-phobe like me that's a deterrent.

This idea that you can't resist the lure of drugs is so ridiculous though. If you're prone to addiction - it's everywhere - nurses become addicts, high school kids become addicts, housewives. I never found adult work to tempt me to do substances. They aren't my thing.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it . Things tend to get a bad name because of what is sometimes associated with it , like drugs , women being forced to do it through people trafficing , sexual exploitation and abuse of women .
    If you really want to do it , make sure you work for a law abiding buisness. Make sure there is no shady dealings going on and you will be fine . Aim high never low .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    pvju wrote: »
    And not all strippers are great pole dancers - you can make just as much gliding around the stage looking hot as you can doing impressive moves on the pole. Plus, pole dancing can result in unsightly bruises and brush burns - not great for the appearance when you work mostly naked and the pole is shared so if you're a germ-phobe like me that's a deterrent.

This idea that you can't resist the lure of drugs is so ridiculous though. If you're prone to addiction - it's everywhere - nurses become addicts, high school kids become addicts, housewives. I never found adult work to tempt me to do substances. They aren't my thing.

The environment as a whole is going to cater to drug use far more than working in a doctors office of whatever. Yes, there are addicts everywhere...but one is more apt to use and abuse in an environment that is conducive to that...c'mon.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

The environment as a whole is going to cater to drug use far more than working in a doctors office of whatever. Yes, there are addicts everywhere...but one is more apt to use and abuse in an environment that is conducive to that...c'mon.

I disagree. What I found was that since people knew I wasn't into it no one offered me anything or even did it in front of me. I've got non adult-working friends who are total potheads and/or hard drinkers. I think you're basing your opinions on stereotypes you've seen in the media. Until you've worked in the industry you really don't know what goes on. The crackhead stereotype always gets the most attention because it's a salacious image and it plays into our cultural negativity around the adult industries. It doesn't mean it's the norm.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ok hold up did i just read that only trashy strippers actually strip?

ymzz7570sii0.jpg
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    ok hold up did i just read that only trashy strippers actually strip?

ymzz7570sii0.jpg

i've lost track. somehow some are classy some are not...its ok..its not ok....and on and on.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Come here to Reno, NV for a case study. :'(
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Okay just to clarify yes I want to be a pole dancer but where I'm from it's all considered the same thing I'm sorry for the mix up I'll watch technicalities next time

Just for clarity...

Pole dancer the athlete/artist (which apparently is a thing), or pole dancer the entertainer?

Pole dancer paid to be stared at. But not naked, because that's just not classy. right?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Your young enough to be my daughter so let me explain this too you as if I was talking to my daughter. Your young and beautiful but you do not yet have the life experience of someone who is older and who has been around the block a few times. I believe that you are much more valuable than to let yourself be drawn into that world. It is a very dark world filled with many unsavory characters who are looking to only use you and take advantage of you. My of these women, whom I have know personally, have drug habits and end up doing things much worse than stripping .. like prostitution and worse.

Even if it didn't lead to drugs and prostitution why would you want to lower yourself to be someone who is objectified and treated like a piece of meat. Many of these women have lasting emotional and psychological damage from their experiences in strip clubs and bars. They are left feeling empty and broken inside. Some have even been followed after work and raped or even killed. You have to understand the male mind to be able to comprehend what you are opening yourself up to. If a man is paying you to take off your clothes than you are of absolutely no value to him.. you are the lowest form of life around. That means for some that they develop a feeling of possession over you and can demonstrate stalkerish behavior. It can end up being a nightmare that you might not wake up from.

You also should consider your long term future. Stripping is not really a path way to success.. the money will not last forever and what are you going to do when your looks fade ? Everyone ages and nothing stays the same. I would encourage your to goto college and get an education that will help you earn a living for the rest of your life.

You should also think about your future husband or kids and how you might feel if they ever found out that their mom was a stripper. Everything goes on the internet today and once its out there it stays out there.. think about your family today.. your mother and your father.. Have you considered how much you might hurt them if they found out what you are doing ?

Paternalism at its best.
    Didn't we do a mansplaining thread earlier?

"Think of the men!" sheez dude, really?
  • finny11122
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWcEZAahL8

I had to post this , couldnt help myself hahaha
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »

It's Tina sings about it then it's A-OK! :)
  • finny11122
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Call over to me at 9 tonight . Id like a private dance from you Ali ;-)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This thread is really taking off.

;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Call over to me at 9 tonight . Id like a private dance from you Ali ;-)

I'll be elbow deep in cake frosting by then so might be a little sticky!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I disagree. What I found was that since people knew I wasn't into it no one offered me anything or even did it in front of me. I've got non adult-working friends who are total potheads and/or hard drinkers. I think you're basing your opinions on stereotypes you've seen in the media. Until you've worked in the industry you really don't know what goes on. The crackhead stereotype always gets the most attention because it's a salacious image and it plays into our cultural negativity around the adult industries. It doesn't mean it's the norm.

Sorry...I've been around it and seen it...nothing to do with the media.

I'm not saying that one can't avoid it...but to say that it's not more prevalent in that environment is just a load of horse *kitten*.