My meals (w/pics)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Today's meals:

4835d3j0gui9.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/goat cream cheese, shallots and smoked salmon, milk, nectarine, beets.
    Lunch: Semolina (cream of wheat), apple, carrot.
    Dinner: Artichoke, melted butter, ear of corn, sliced ham.
    Evening meal: Melon, Greek yogurt w/almonds and dulce de leche, rutabaga.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Your meals are so attractive looking, I wish I could have you deliver me tomorrow's menu. It also makes me feel bad for all the rubbish I eat - the chocolate, the cakes & all the processed foods.
  • kommodevaran
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Your meals are so attractive looking, I wish I could have you deliver me tomorrow's menu.
    Lol thank you :D
    It also makes me feel bad for all the rubbish I eat - the chocolate, the cakes & all the processed foods.
    This thread was not supposed to make anyone feel bad - I do it like this just because I like to play with my food :p
  • kommodevaran
    Today's menu.

0zemzkwzzk4b.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/goat cream cheese, shallots and smoked salmon, milk, nectarine, beets.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/ham salad, milk, broccoli, apple.
    Dinner: Mushroom soup.
    Dessert: Havrefras + milk.
    Evening meal: Melon, Greek yogurt w/peanuts and honey, rutabaga.
  • ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit Posts: 62 Member
    I've loved looking at these. We have been to Norway and were in Finland in January. We'll be back in Sweden and Norway at the end of August for our honeymoon (my fiance proposed under the Northern Lights in January <3 )

We'd read bad reviews of the food in the hotel in Finland but we loved it. I think you had to like oily fish though, which wasn't an issue for me as I could eat it 3 times a day.

As an aside, I found that a week in Finland worked wonders for my psoriasis. It's an auto immune disorder so I was struggling to work out why. It got hugely worse again after about 2 weeks back at home. I'm now on a new eating plan and again having fish 2 to 3 times a day and it's massively better again. The Scandinavian diet obviously works for me :smiley: (minus the vast amounts of pancakes and porridge I was also eating as temperatures of minus 38 might have warranted overloading on carbs but the average UK temperature really doesn't :blush:

• smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    hei jeg trodde du var svensk for about two minutes, felt less lonely but you were missing the coffee
    jmt08c wrote: »
    This looks like a northeastern European diet-are you in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or somewhere near? If so I'm jealous of all of the fresh fish you get!!

Yup, Norway :+1:

I love fish, but I'm selective - I only like the fatty ones that have a lot of flavor :D

Svensk, nei vettu hva :p

I drink a few cups of each every day, just don't bother to shoot my coffee and tea. Four meals a day, that's enough :D

Aha I think most of my Instagram is just photos of coffee I have no shame , you are doing well but now flat out craving knackerbörd and smoked salmon.
    Over in Oslo in August gonna have to get food recommendations

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit Posts: 62 Member
    Over in Oslo in August gonna have to get food recommendations

So are we :smiley: Via Narvik, Bodo (sorry, don't have the right o available) and Trondheim
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    u8nps3vzzh0o.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/goat cream cheese, shallots and smoked salmon, milk, pear, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/ham salad, milk, Ambrosia apple, carrot.
    Dinner: Chicken wings, mashed sweet potatoes, peas.
    Evening meal: Melon, Greek yogurt w/almond butter and maple syrup, rutabaga.
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    k14yz45i8a7b.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/goat cream cheese, shallots and smoked salmon, milk, mango, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/ham salad, milk, Ambrosia apple, carrot.
    Dinner: Mushroom soup (planned leftovers) - 2 bowls.
    Dessert: Rice pudding/porridge.
    Evening meal: Pear, Greek yogurt w/pecans and maple syrup, rutabaga.
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    425013og3kn4.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and edam cheese, milk, mango, broccoli.
    Lunch: Oatmeal (porridge), apple, carrot.
    Dinner: Pickled herring, shallots, mashed potatoes.
    Evening meal: Pear, Greek yogurt w/walnuts and honey, assorted beets.
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    9w5eyle3sppm.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and edam cheese, milk, mango, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/pickled herring, milk, apple, carrot.
    Dinner: Stir fry w/greenshell mussels - 3 bowls.
    Evening meal: Smoothie (banana, milk, peanut butter, cocoa), Chioggia beets.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    Nice to find a fellow loquat lover! I don't think most people in the states know you can eat them. My son and I forage neighborhood trees and gorge ourselves for the few weeks they are in season. Sad to say it just passed.
  • kommodevaran
    Nice to find a fellow loquat lover! I don't think most people in the states know you can eat them. My son and I forage neighborhood trees and gorge ourselves for the few weeks they are in season. Sad to say it just passed.

I'm jealous! It's far too cold for them to grow here (Norway) :# I've picked a loquat off the tree one time, in Rome -around this time of year - it was a bit more tart than usual, but still delicious :D
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    0mf6umb0ltix.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and caviar, milk, yellow watermelon, broccoli. I don't really care much for watermelon, but the yellow one is my favorite fruit! And it's been six years since I've had it :'( I almost fainted when I spotted it in my local grocery store :D
    Lunch: Crispbread w/pickled herring, milk, pear, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Cheese on toast, milk, assorted beets.
    Evening meal: Apple, peanut butter, carrot.
  • kommodevaran
    Day 23 :D Today's meals:
    lh4pnrcz5ock.jpg
    Breakfast: Ordinary bread and crispbread w/butter+brunost and caviar, milk, yellow watermelon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/pickled herring, milk, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Beef rib, ear of corn, oven roasted parsnips w/honey, olive oil and sesame seeds.
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    sjv4a8wl4xlx.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and cheese, milk, yellow watermelon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Egg, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Chili con carne (minced lamb, barley, beans, onion, garlic, chili, red pepper, squash, celery, tomato (passata) ) - 2 bowls.
  • kommodevaran
    Today's meals:
    g019bfou3abr.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and smoked trout, milk, cantaloupe melon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/caviar and cheese, milk, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Pork chop, mashed sweet potatoes w/red chili, green beans.
  • kommodevaran
    New month! This project really helps me stick to my meal plan; I haven't had anything besides the items I've posted here. My weight stays nicely within mid-range as a consequence.
    u3gbtra9lgb9.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/cheese and smoked trout, milk, cantaloupe melon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/caviar and brunost, milk, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Leftover chili, 2 bowls.
  • kommodevaran
    aj1hiaw9ka56.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and smoked trout, milk, cantaloupe melon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Millet (porridge) w/butter, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Salmon, brown basmati rice w/soy sauce, peas.
  • kommodevaran
    czz00lwvd9hw.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/cheese and smoked trout, milk, cantaloupe melon, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/brunost and caviar, milk, pineapple, rutabaga.
    Dinner: Trinidadian Chicken Curry with Coconut Grits & Collard Greens - simplified version; kale a bit bitter, but very nice, different and exotic. It tasted Caribbean :D
    Evening meal: Pistacchios, cucumber, plums (Red Beauty).