My meals (w/pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    0lfbrh685ykj.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/brunost and smoked trout, milk, donut peach and apricot, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/sardines and cheese, milk, pear (omg, it was amazing), rutabaga.
    Dinner: Pancakes - 3 - w/marmaleio honey, dulce de leche, and hazelnut butter+maple syrup. Carrot.
    Evening meal: Fenalår (cured leg of lamb), cucumber, plums.

I feel blessed being surrounded by all this delicious food and able to choose whatever I want every day.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    uqjcc37c4a7s.jpg
    Breakfast: Crispbread w/cheese and caviar, milk, apricots, broccoli.
    Lunch: Crispbread w/sardines and brunost, milk, pear, carrot.
    Dinner: Boiled artichoke, melted butter, "grilled" ear of corn, sliced ham.
    Evening meal: Walnuts, cucumber, plums.
  • Orchid4mom2
    Orchid4mom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed by your wonderful meals! Thanks for sharing :) How many calories do you eat each day?
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I'm so impressed by your wonderful meals! Thanks for sharing :) How many calories do you eat each day?

Oh, I missed this :o Thank you! This is around 1750-1800 calories :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Love it! Clearly diet food but a lot of stuff I grew up with in Minnesota too. Took one look and said "must be from Scandinavia"
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Love it! Clearly diet food but a lot of stuff I grew up with in Minnesota too. Took one look and said "must be from Scandinavia"

Your username makes me think you have Swedish ancestors :)
    What is diet food (to you)?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran my family comes from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. So yes :smile:

I don't really think of any particular food as "diet food", although if watching calories fruits and vegetables are a lot more likely to be found in abundance than, say, prime rib. I had to cut way back on butter though...

Very few people in the states will eat fish of any sort for breakfast. Of course, I grew up on it (because pickled herring in the morning can't really be beat). And crisp bread, though generally it's called rye crisp here.