On 1200 calories. Need motivation :D

Options

Replies

• facai888
    facai888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bjgallina wrote: »
    Here I go again...down 2 pounds, up 3. Down 3, up 4...gotta do this!! I'm not getting any younger. Trying the 1200 a day!

He he....Don't worry ,you r not alone .I am the same ,except I am down 20 pounds up 30 .....But this time .....(as always) I am doing it! 1200 cl and very soon NEW ME ! Good luck
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    @shinycrazy I wonder if your endocrinologist would okay you going lower on carbs? Mine says type II diabetics should ideally keep carbs per day under 80g, preferably around 50g per day for average sized women, a little higher for taller women and men. It takes more energy to burn a protein calorie than a carb calorie ("thermic effect"). So if you eat the same calories with more protein and fewer carbs it might work better for you. Only thing is you really have to watch your blood sugars when you go on a lower carb diet and may need to cut back on diabetic meds...all under the watchful eye of your physician, of course.

Thanks for the insight. I've lost 110lbs so far! I can't live with carbs that low personally. I just need to tighten up my indulgences of late. I live by IIFYM (if it fits your macros ). I do that on about 133g of carbs a day.

@shinycrazy Wow! 110 lbs is impressive. I hope you stay on this thread! You will have lots of insights for the rest of us. Can you tell me a little more about IIFYM? Thanks, -K
  • PashCaline
    PashCaline Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How are you doing? I find it ok between 1200-1400cal :D
  • AS_MFP
    AS_MFP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also in the 1200 club, getting focused on tracking. Glad to meet you all!
  • LisaJSJ
    LisaJSJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    v
    PashCaline wrote: »
    How are you doing? I find it ok between 1200-1400cal :D

I'm doing okay so far. I have managed to stay under 1200 each day. I am not finding it too hard.

When does everyone weigh themselves? Every day or once a week?
  • ciara609
    ciara609 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi also trying to
    Do 1200-1300. Have about 1 stone to loss and summer is coming
    In fast ! Add me X support needed
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I am 53, 5'4", 86 lbs to lose and I have mine set at 1250, I eat back 1/2 to 3/4 of my exercise calories back. Been at this level of calorie intake for 2 weeks, lost 5 lbs last week and will know Monday morning if I lost anything this week. I weigh myself every morning, but only count total loss Monday mornings. Good Luck to all
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BeautyPi wrote: »
    @perkymommt I set it myself because after a lot of research I figured it's almost impossible to know the exact calories and people always tend to eat more than what they think they are eating. And I can mostly certainly see myself being one of them so I thought I ll do that to kick start the weight for a few weeks then go up to 1200. Oh I should add at this point I haven't started working out due to ill health so I'm not in too of a deficit

So... are you not really eating 800, and just sort of ball-parking it because you think you eat more than 800? 1200 calories is the lowest minimum that a body needs to function. You can use a TDEE calculator to get a better estimated calorie intake if you want to be more exact, but please at least eat 1200 calories a day unless under strict direction/guidance from a doctor.
  • exomos
    exomos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Same! All I had today was a protein bar and a sandwich and I'm at like 1,100 already! Gaah!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    im suppose to be at 1200 by my doc but cant seem to get it below 1400. 1200 is so low , Im constantly hungry and having low blood sugar attacks. I lost 7 lbs on mfp , but already gained 5 back, dont know why. so I could use the tips and motivation.

good luck to everyone!

I have found if I eat more veggies and protein with the meal my blood sugar stays on an even keel.

Try to eat 1 gram minimum fiber with each 100 calories of starch/carb and at least 5 grams minimum protein with a meat product that is about 100 calories. Chicken (boneless breasts), egg, or fish, for instance, are high protein and low calorie. I find if I mix a protein with carbs that have fiber it makes the meal low glycemic, and I don't have cravings and low blood sugar.

Try not to eat starch or sugar on its own. Limit white sugar and white flour as they are low fiber, high glycemic, and will spike your blood sugar.

Non starchy veggies have lots of fiber and are a great choice because they have a lot of nutrition and are generally low in calories.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I started MFP yesterday. It recommends 1250 calories per day for me to lose 1 pound a week. I am a slow loser, so I don't think I will lose what MFP projects. However, I am going to follow it to see what happens! I'm with you all on this weight loss journey!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    tv59sfmf61qg.gif
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

This thread has been cleaned up a little to remove some posts that violate the above guideline. The full text of the community guidelines can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

If you have any questions regarding the guidelines, please feel free to send any moderator a PM.

Have an awesome day,
    JustSomeEm
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200-1500. Some days I eat less though. Like yesterday I only managed 1000 and the app told me off ha sometimes I'm not that hungry. I have 10 lbs to lose so not loads but it's always good to have motivated people !
    I go to the gym a few times a week also. That will help speed things along with added exercise
    U got this!
  • kimwitt2009
    kimwitt2009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1300, just sounded good..but I have been under that most days since I seriously started using the app. Working to drop a quick 20lbs first so insurance company will pay for my knee replacement surgeries and then plan to continue on loosing more once healed. Would love friends for encouragement, so feel free to add me.
  • lore622
    lore622 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    fyi 1200 calories a day is really unhealthy. You should eat more, but exercise more.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @shinycrazy Wow! 110 lbs is impressive. I hope you stay on this thread! You will have lots of insights for the rest of us. Can you tell me a little more about IIFYM? Thanks, -K

It's if it fits your macros... I find it to be a simple way to not feel deprived because I don't have a list of can't haves. I just stay within my macros for most part and I lose.
  • td9330
    td9330 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I usually eat between 1200 and 1400 calories (I wear a jawbone and I eat the extra calories it gives me) and I've been doing it since the end of February. I think what has helped me stick with it this time was deciding that since I was making such a drastic change in calorie intake that I wasn't going to make any other drastic changes. I didn't try to also lower my consumption of carbs/sodium/sugar/etc. or cut anything but soft drinks out of my diet. I also haven't started exercising regularly, although I will in the future (maybe). Also I (gasp!) don't eat breakfast. I'm a huge night owl and I usually don't eat till lunch because I'd rather save the calories for a late night snack. When I actually try to eat breakfast I usually go over my limit or am super hangry at night. This probably isn't the best approach, but it's helped me lose 28 pounds so far.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    td9330 wrote: »
    I usually eat between 1200 and 1400 calories (I wear a jawbone and I eat the extra calories it gives me) and I've been doing it since the end of February. I think what has helped me stick with it this time was deciding that since I was making such a drastic change in calorie intake that I wasn't going to make any other drastic changes. I didn't try to also lower my consumption of carbs/sodium/sugar/etc. or cut anything but soft drinks out of my diet. I also haven't started exercising regularly, although I will in the future (maybe). Also I (gasp!) don't eat breakfast. I'm a huge night owl and I usually don't eat till lunch because I'd rather save the calories for a late night snack. When I actually try to eat breakfast I usually go over my limit or am super hangry at night. This probably isn't the best approach, but it's helped me lose 28 pounds so far.

I think it makes sense for you to skip breakfast since you are a night owl, even though I am a fan of breakfast. What is a jawbone? Is it like a fitbit?

@shinycrazy - How do you determine your macro ranges? What calculator or tool do you recommend? I am going by my doctor's recommendations but am curious.

@MaiLinna - Actually 1200 calories is not too low for some people. Like me. According to my bariatric endocrinologist.
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm also on a 1200 plan. Most days I stay within the 1200 by making sure my meals are packed with veg or salad and I drink lots of water. I've got 18lb still to lose, and I'm averaging 1lb per week, although I seem to only be seeing a loss every other week, which I don't really understand when my weeks are pretty much the same :neutral: