On 1200 calories. Need motivation :D

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @KimOrley You are not the only one who loses in an erratic pattern. I would guess that linear weight loss is the exception, rather than the rule. :)
  • GirlGina4
    GirlGina4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same daily calorie count. It is difficult because I'm such a big snacker!
  • Bettybooslim
    Bettybooslim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories too, it's quite a challenge, anyone can add me for help and motivation x
  • agavenectar
    agavenectar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories as well. 37 years old no children, but tend to hold weight in my hips, tummy, buttocks, and thighs. 5'6 currently fluctuate between 155-159. Would like to be 140 and stay there!
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have my calories set to 1300 because I hate seeing the red numbers at the end of the day if I go slightly over. It's totally mental, but it makes a big difference for me!
  • lore622
    lore622 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I been doing good so far with my 1200 .. Lots of protein is key for me .
    I shake up !
  • td9330
    td9330 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @KetoneKaren yep! it's basically the same as a fitbit, just a different brand
  • jackspri
    jackspri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the 1200 club too. I have 40 lbs to lose. I started three weeks ago, I weighed 212, I'm now 204. So 8 lbs down 32 to go!!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 calories a day since 4/1/2016. I am a sixty year old female with 32 lbs to lose. After 6 weeks I have lost 14 lbs - 18 to go. I burn about 350-400 calories/hour on the treadmill 4 days per week along with some free weights. Also an hour of yoga most days. (Have no idea what that burns - and I really don't care.) I find 1200 calories/day very doable. I have not found that I am hungry or craving anything. I actually feel pretty damn good I have to say. My energy level is high. Now I realize in the scheme of things - 6 weeks is not that long. But as long as it is working for me - which it seems to be - I am sticking with it....
  • LisaJSJ
    LisaJSJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am down 8 lbs from last week. I know it it just a first week big weight loss, but I feel even more motivated.
    How dos everyone else do?
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @LisaJSJ Great first week loss! Even though we know lots of it is water weight, it does feel good to see the scale move, doesn't it? I am not weighing until I get back to my doctor's office for my 6 week follow up visit. I am staying off the scale for the first few weeks and focusing on my food plan. My clothes feel a little looser, though. Keep up the good work!
  • Banji10
    Banji10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PashCaline wrote: »
    I'm over 15kg overweight. I found it hard to carry that weight. Would you like to be my friend and help each other? :)

Always looking for friends also, and would love to help out in any way I can!
  • Banji10
    Banji10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was bad today...1600 calories but I'm staying positive. I'll walk more at work, and I'm hitting the gym tomorrow after work!

That's ok As they say, if you fall off the bandwagon, jump right back on again. That's what I have to do. Hang in there you CAN do it!!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @meghanttu08

Girl, you are a runner! You might benefit from eating back part or all of your exercise calories so you have enough energy to meet your running goals. I bet 1200 calories isn't enough for an athlete like you. What do you think?
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You "need" motivation because you're starving girl, eat something. Go to iifym.com's TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and multiply it by 0.8. That's how many calories you should be eating. I doubt it's 1200.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    squyars wrote: »
    I'm in! I lost 30 pounds, but gained 15 back. Only 1200 calories per day as well. I had lost all my weight on DietBet.com and earned over $300. Think I need to get back on with DB, but I could use a little peer pressure here as well!

What is DietBet.com?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 years old and so my tdee is low compared to the younger folks. TBH 1200 seems to fill me up fine and I am losing steadily. I am not an excersizer so although1200 is low its adequate for weight loss. At maintenance I can eat 1530 calories daily. Right now that seems quite a lot.
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You "need" motivation because you're starving girl, eat something. Go to iifym.com's TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and multiply it by 0.8. That's how many calories you should be eating. I doubt it's 1200.

I just did mine on there and it came out at 1220, so for some of us 1200ish is where we need to be :smile:
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    KimOrley wrote: »

I just did mine on there and it came out at 1220, so for some of us 1200ish is where we need to be :smile:

ha, mine is 1179. I'll never understand why some people seem to think we don't exist.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    KimOrley wrote: »

ha, mine is 1179. I'll never understand why some people seem to think we don't exist.

If it's that low then you shouldn't be cutting by 20% because you don't gave much weight to lose and you definitely are not active enough.