married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• solquest1976
    solquest1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Married for 16 years. Hard work but, worth it. Been a stay-at-home mommy for 4+ years & we have young 3 children. I can't relate to chore lists. We discuss what our expectations from each other are & so long as we agree that they're reasonable, we just follow through...whether it has to do with the house, money, etc. It's not perfect by any means but, the happy times surely outweigh the bad ones by far.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Married for 16 years. Hard work but, worth it. Been a stay-at-home mommy for 4+ years & we have young 3 children. I can't relate to chore lists. We discuss what our expectations from each other are & so long as we agree that they're reasonable, we just follow through...whether it has to do with the house, money, etc. It's not perfect by any means but, the happy times surely outweigh the bad ones by far.

Nice to meet you and see you here. I have also been married for 16 years (in relationship for 18). Two daughters 9 & 12.
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Married for 31 years, but would love to chat with others and maybe compare experiences.
  • solquest1976
    solquest1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    RJ0274 wrote: »
    Married for 31 years, but would love to chat with others and maybe compare experiences.

That's BEAUTIFUL!! How do you continue to keep things interesting? Travel, long talks, ice cream in bed?Inquiring minds want to know!
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Married recently (Sept) with a 5 moth old girl. Haven't slept well in awhile.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Married for 18 yrs, 5 kids
    Wonder what size white board I'd have to get ....

Somehow though, there's always time for chatting ;)
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love seeing NC so well represented!!!! That's awesome!

Been a Midwesterner for a decade now but before that I was in Winston - Salem.
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Married 14 years and bored lol
  • RebekahAnn88
    RebekahAnn88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happily married and enjoy chatting! Yes it does seem like most of the chit chat is focused with singles, glad to know someone else feels the same way!
  • ridebikes_drinkbeer
    Options
    I definitely agree. I like to flirt. And I like when my husband flirts too.

I think most men secretly (or not secretly) like it when their wives are hit on and flirt back. It's fun.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I definitely agree. I like to flirt. And I like when my husband flirts too.

I think most men secretly (or not secretly) like it when their wives are hit on and flirt back. It's fun.

My husband likes it. He likes it as long as I like it. He doesn't like when guys are being too aggressive or creepy and bothering me.
  • Mayhew85
    Mayhew85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fine line, a dude flirting with my wife doesn't bother me as she is a beautiful woman and it happens sometimes but as said by someone above if it's aggressive or persistent it bothers me
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ( btw... MOSAF stands for Minister of Sex and Finance; we're married.)

My wife prefers SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)
    nearly 29 years of marriage, 6 kids 27-19 bgbbgg.... last year when the youngest went to college we waited 2 weeks for her to adjust and then took a month long vacation... We debated simply moving and not leaving the kids a forwarding address, but that would not be fair to the 3 boys who are in the services (marine, army and navy)... and 2 grandkids so far both born this year.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @serenityfrye Midwest is a BIG area? I lived first 22 years in IA, and have lived in IL OH WI too. Where do you live?
    Been here in VA since 2007. (Retired 2010) Grandkids close.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    In Kansas now
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Anyone else whose OH is a PITA when it comes to meals?
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hello married peeps.