married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• MrOtto2016
    MrOtto2016 Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    raindawg wrote: »
    Married, 49 yr old about to turn 50. This is my second time losing weight with MFP. I'm a huge believer in the CICO method. My wife is plus size and makes noises like she wants to do something about it but she just isn't there yet. I've been trying to get her on the app but she keeps coming up with excuses why it won't work for her. I think emotionally she's fighting against the dedicated commitment it takes to lose the weight. I have hope though, I think she'll eventually get there.

Hey raindawg....what is the CICO method?
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    MrOtto2016 wrote: »
    raindawg wrote: »
    Married, 49 yr old about to turn 50. This is my second time losing weight with MFP. I'm a huge believer in the CICO method. My wife is plus size and makes noises like she wants to do something about it but she just isn't there yet. I've been trying to get her on the app but she keeps coming up with excuses why it won't work for her. I think emotionally she's fighting against the dedicated commitment it takes to lose the weight. I have hope though, I think she'll eventually get there.

Hey raindawg....what is the CICO method?

Calories In / Calories Out.

Basically losing weight is nothing more than expending more calories than you take in.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good morning. May 30 th 52 years.hard but we are still going strong
    We leave on each other I share more of my depression and anxiety with him
    We share finance problems just started that 5 years ago
    Money is tight and we try using a budget sometimes it works
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've licked my screen
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I enjoy chit chatting with other married people
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been married 27 very long years. My husband thinks I exercise to much and should stay home and cook him dinner, yet he has ran 7 marathons? (Hard to be a single parent these days!)
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Married to the lord! <3
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well this has been a thoroughly entertaining read. Definitely a few laughs anyway!

Married 5 years this time around.

My wife is pretty supportive of me, although she thinks I am just fine and should stop now. I want to see how low I can get my BF%, and gain some additional strength/size overall. Not too much, just more than I have.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wait. Is the chit-chat forum supposed to be a place to flirt and hook up, like an MFP singles bar? :o And all this time I thought it was just a bunch of people talking about random stuff. I wondered why I was getting unsolicited pervy messages in my inbox. Oops. My misunderstanding. I'll just see my way out. ;)

Carry on.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Two previous husbands but couldn't live with either of them, couldn't kill them either, it is illegal apparently.....who knew? >:)

Been with my present husband for 23 years very happily.

He is fit, cycles a lot, rarely drinks, has always been careful with his nutrition and his weight is constant. But he has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Which he has had to get medication for.

I on the other hand drink (a bit), a lot, smoked most of my life (quit October) have battled my weight and binge eating and yo yo dieting for more years than I care to think about, yet my blood pressure and cholesterol are good.

Life is strange :)
  • theswan76
    theswan76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 21 years. I'm not really as old as that sounds.
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy meeting new people...
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Hi my married mfp friends
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Where my late night marrieds?
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I'm here!!!! Hows ur night chica?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Hey what's up?!?!
  • twakes80
    twakes80 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) or message me...motivation time
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but I have been with my other half for the last 8 years, engaged for 6.

Feel free to add me :)