*waves*
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2b835288e5d7dc836ae374d9faa395b1.jpg
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks I'm silly for killing myself doing workouts and whatnot. They don't even impact him because I do videos during the day and maybe skate the odd evening (I hope to tonight) but that's it
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Is this where married people come for n00dz? I'm asking for a friend.
  • synchkat
    Options
    isn't that Kik?
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well - I will support you all!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    isn't that Kik?

I wouldn't know. I'd never participate in deviant behavior like that. Soooo....wanna Kik pictures of our happy families? ;)
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Got my wife a set of resistance bands so she can start working out.
    I think what got her fired up was finding out my waist was smaller than hers
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My husband does not support me either the more I exercise the more he tells me I am never going to heal my knee.probably right but since Jan 27 23 pounds I love my clothes fit I feel better at 70 that's great news
    I worry my husbands overweight breathes heavy just putting socks on I want him to loose weight but he wil not give up sweets
  • synchkat
    Options
    gfjazz wrote: »
    My husband does not support me either the more I exercise the more he tells me I am never going to heal my knee.probably right but since Jan 27 23 pounds I love my clothes fit I feel better at 70 that's great news
    I worry my husbands overweight breathes heavy just putting socks on I want him to loose weight but he wil not give up sweets

my husband is overweight, every other weeks says I have to make him lose weight, so I make him healthy dinners and then he complains I didn't feed him enough and he eats more. Oh well, his snoring would be cured by losing weight but can't tell him that.
  • MrOtto2016
    MrOtto2016 Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well, I bought my wife and I the garmin vivo fit 2 and we have been walking every night for the last 3 weeks ~ 2kms and she has lost 3lbs and I have dropped 10lbs. I'm logging all my food but she is not.
    She is very happy that she can get into clothes she hasn't in awhile. I am happy cause her nice firm butt is coming back...lol
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    My Wife, thinks that standing all day passes for exercise... I learned long ago not to argue with her... SO.. I go to the gym... and climb stairs...she don't offer encouragement BUT I do this for me and the internal fire that I fuel with the pain and suffering I can inflict upon myself at the gym. I am very much self directed. Of course it would be nice to get a compliment once in a while BUT that ain't what drives the Emu :)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    jasamjak wrote: »
    Do any of you not get the support from the better half and find yourself this MFP is the place to get the support?
    I wouldn't say what I get from him is support, it's more enthusiasm that I'm doing something that makes me happy. He has no interest in getting fit, but doesn't knock me for doing it myself. I'm sure talking about it bores him, so I try to limit the exercise talk. MFP is a nice place for me to be able to talk about an aspect of my life others have no interest in.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say what I get from him is support, it's more enthusiasm that I'm doing something that makes me happy. He has no interest in getting fit, but doesn't knock me for doing it myself. I'm sure talking about it bores him, so I try to limit the exercise talk. MFP is a nice place for me to be able to talk about an aspect of my life others have no interest in.

^ this for me too. I like the community of support also.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    My wife is neutral about my journey. She has asked about my progress and I'm hesitant because we are so close in weight, we are probably under 5lbs apart and I'm not sure who's lighter right now and I think she would be devastated if it were me so I try to keep mum.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm married! My husband tries to understand why I want to do this, but he's never enjoyed working out and has no fitness related goals. He's made casual comments about how I would beat him in a fight, but the delivery makes it seem like it's coming from a place of insecurity. We're on completely different pages about all this and I don't want to say something that makes him feel weak, so I come here for support.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I think partly for me and the husband I'm the naturally sportier one in the family...so if I can walk I will walk rather than drive, he'd rather drive. Just makes sense to burn some calories any way I can
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wife is somewhat neutral on my fitness goals. She is happy I am healthier and likes my current look more than my fat physique.

I am on MFP to support other where I can but mostly laughs and bullsh*t. I love working out. I don't log my food anymore, so I don't need MFP for support so much...although I have found some great people here.