married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• dray776849
    dray776849 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think everyone looks to some degree, but be respectful with it.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had to have boundary conversations when we were first married because I grew up in theatre/dance often with co-ed dressing rooms and the like and was much more comfortable with close proximity and states of undress than my husband was (although, really, nothing you wouldn't see at the beach). It's interesting how differently we approach things as I grew up in the arts and he's been in engineering and very conservative all his life.

My husband is an engineer/lawyer. He doesn't get my dancing with men and I'm not sure I've ever mentioned the Coed change rooms. Some men I skate with will say it's weird to be thst close to someone who isn't your wife. I tell them honestly I never think of it as anything other than almost clinical. I also warn them that it's best when we are super close so I will be close but once again it's all business. I know people get embarrassed when they grab the wrong part or "bits" bump. Whatever...often I don't notice because I'm trying to fix what caused that. But it's all hard to explain to people who haven't been immersed in that kind of thing. When I watch dancing with the stars and the celebs are worried because it's a romantic dance and they only think that way about their spouse I roll my eyes. Haha.
  • Jenniferwhite1296
    Jenniferwhite1296 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not married but happily together with a great man for the last 11years.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Looking for wife. Send applications to my DM.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    My husband and I had to have boundary conversations when we were first married because I grew up in theatre/dance often with co-ed dressing rooms and the like and was much more comfortable with close proximity and states of undress than my husband was (although, really, nothing you wouldn't see at the beach). It's interesting how differently we approach things as I grew up in the arts and he's been in engineering and very conservative all his life.

My husband is an engineer/lawyer. He doesn't get my dancing with men and I'm not sure I've ever mentioned the Coed change rooms. Some men I skate with will say it's weird to be thst close to someone who isn't your wife. I tell them honestly I never think of it as anything other than almost clinical. I also warn them that it's best when we are super close so I will be close but once again it's all business. I know people get embarrassed when they grab the wrong part or "bits" bump. Whatever...often I don't notice because I'm trying to fix what caused that. But it's all hard to explain to people who haven't been immersed in that kind of thing. When I watch dancing with the stars and the celebs are worried because it's a romantic dance and they only think that way about their spouse I roll my eyes. Haha.

Yeah, we always have co-ed dressing rooms also.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I booked my husband a massage for today so he's doing that while the boy and I hang out. I told hubs we're going for bunch after. Sad that brunch is the highlight of my weekend but after the last few I'm happy to just do nothing.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My wife's gone all weekend for a bachelorette party and I am enjoying my lone time. Weekends like this, ah how much I miss them. Wheeeeeee!!! B)

I can wear shoes on the hardwood floor AGAIN!

Haha my husband is the one who's particular about no shoes on the wood floors. I'm thinking if I'm the one who washes them, can't I wear my shoes?
  • synchkat
    Options
    My dad refuses to take his shoes off anywhere so he'd have to stay at the door of your houses. haha
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    not married, happily taken though, so the "would you kill, hug or kiss" threads are no go zones for me
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We live on a farm. Just leaving the door open lets hay and dust and sometimes geese in the house. I figure the shoes argument is moot at this point. His mom is super type A about her pristine house though so I imagine that's where it came from. I was raised with the philosophy that messes are fine as long as you're having fun and clean up later, so as long as I mop, who cares? ;)
  • synchkat
    Options
    I have seen my wife and other women dress up and put shoes on at the very end at the door. They just do it.

I am not sure it is that easy for guys. At least for me. My shoes have six eyelets and I am already dressed up and it is impossible to tie shoelaces at the end causing wrinkles in my shirt. The last thing I tie is my ties. And at that point, the shoes are already done. It is so difficult for me to reverse the sequence. I know it annoys my wife a lot, but I am gone by 6:30am and she is either asleep or in the shower. So I just escape.

The hardwood floor alone has caused so much friction between us. It's the bane of my existence.

I would rather put my shoes on when I dress so the outfit is complete. Clearly I'm not a shoes at the door only person. I dunno hardwood is meant to be worn and it adds character when it's worn and looks used. As opposed to a show home. But then again the house I live in was built in 1936 and has the original hardwood so ya it's worn
  • loub_81
    loub_81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey all, married with a 19 month old boy. Life is crazy right about now. :D
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Hi married lol
  • RagTagSampson
    RagTagSampson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, 36, Chicago burbs, married, looking to make chit chat friends and motivators, feel free to add me : )
  • synchkat
    Options
    My wife insisted we get them refinished and she was in raptures on how amazing it looked and the big difference. I thought it looked the same, honestly. But I just agreed :|

I have been in her friend's places. They are all the same way. Very anal about cleanliness and house etiquettes.

haha my house is a pit so I never worry about tidiness. I like it say our house is lived in. I mean there's not dirt everywhere that's gross just clutter. which reminds me I need to go down the basement and work
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    If my (nonexistent) husband left me a list...I wouldn't have a husband anymore.

Is anyone a stay at home dad? That's the set up I'd love to have some day....haha

I am a stay at home dad. Fours kids in this home.
  • synchkat
    Options

Is anyone a stay at home dad? That's the set up I'd love to have some day....haha

oooh we learned in another thread you are to be called a feminine man. just sat @cutaway_collar.

Welcome to the stay at home club though
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

oooh we learned in another thread you are to be called a feminine man. just sat @cutaway_collar.

Welcome to the stay at home club though

Good for that guy. I could care less.
  • synchkat
    Options
    um guess you had to be there.